Bloody weather

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
Site Supporter
I went out today. It was wet, it was windy. The colours were beautiful, the wood smelled like it only smells when it's raining. The sound of the wind through the pines was soothing and calming. The path was a bit slippery, but I managed. I went home in the dusk. Oh yes, I forgot, I caught a perch.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Put up with a couple of early showers yesterday. Then the sky cleared and I had a pleasant, dry, day's fishing for the rest of the day. Best fish had to be the two pound crucian. Lovely fish.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
20201115_124405.jpg 20201115_123819.jpg
I went out yesterday... just for a few hours... I had to beat a hasty retreat... Just by chance I peered around my brolly and saw the adjacent River Roding had burst its banks and the car park was close to the rising waters... I shouted to the other 2 anglers on the water and threw everything in bags and holdalls and legged it... I got out in time I don't know about the other 2 blokes... normally the water is some 6-8 feet below that level

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Got lucky there arry! Looks much like the fields around here yesterday.

Another grim day here today dark, damp and windy. The sort of day you don’t mind going to work haha

Arry

Site Supporter
Deffo... the water was rising very quickly you have to walk across 2 meadows from the car park to the lake and as I walked back you could see the water creeping across the field

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Defiantly a lesson for all to keep an eye the water levels, even more so if your hunkered under a brolly or bivvy, your visibility being blinkered, good work and warning the other anglers. @Arry

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I once fishing the River Ouse (Yorkshire) on a match and the water level came up and behind us. The match was abandoned and we had to trudge through two fields with up to a foot and a half of water in each and slowly rising to get back to the cars

rudd

Site Supporter
Why is it always bad on the weekend...... not much difference to me as I really can’t do pleasure fishing, so I stayed in and watched the F1 qualifying, whilst the wind and rain lashed the outside of the house,
And the weather there was no better! ?

rudd

Site Supporter
I went out yesterday... just for a few hours... I had to beat a hasty retreat... Just by chance I peered around my brolly and saw the adjacent River Roding had burst its banks and the car park was close to the rising waters... I shouted to the other 2 anglers on the water and threw everything in bags and holdalls and legged it... I got out in time I don't know about the other 2 blokes... normally the water is some 6-8 feet below that level
The A12 was c!osed in a few places in Essex due to flooding.

Cracking morning here today - bloody typical!

Did get out on Saturday for a few hours, was worried a branch may hit me after a rather large one came down with a thump somewhere behind me. It rained leaves at times!

trotter2

Same round here the river has been a raging torrent for what feel like months.
Looked today and its rising again. If it goes on much longer the best of the winter grayling season will be over.

Knfruitbat

Site Supporter
Is that near Abridge?

Arry

Site Supporter
No... Ongar... about 4 miles upstream as the crow flies