Bloody weather

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
One of my general rules is that if the temperatures are higher than the wind speed then it at least won’t be cold ?

ATTICUS FINCH

Fishing is an enjoyable thing for many and having fished in bloody awful weather more times than I care to think about but fishing in a lightening storm is not what I would call a very enjoyable hobby ,pastime or sport ,whatever you call your fishing .I fish matches in all sorts of rubbish conditions ,my last match had the wind and rain blowing straight at me head on ,far too windy for a brolly and got thoroughly wet on the outside. If it wasn't forecast for lightening I would be out fishing tomorrow , but Sussex has severe weather warnings for heavy rain strong winds and lightening.
So b#@&+#@s, I ain't going

Knfruitbat

Site Supporter
Fishing on the canal on Friday, had to strip off to just a t-shirt by 11:30. Back to bib, braces and water proof coat by 5pm. Caught dozens of perch whenever the sun was covered or lower light levels each end of the day.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Must be a southern thing. We got 11mph winds and sunny spells for today. 30% chance of all day.
No fun fishing in 50mph wind and rain

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
As I Iook out of the dining room window here in Southwater I note that the sky is an unremitting grey, the wind is blowing the trees about and the rain is a steady rain.
Shan't be teaching any maggots to swim today.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Chucked it down this morning as I was setting up, now it’s sunny and quite warm B312AE4E-D1E4-4555-8E23-0FD928439A5F.jpeg

Pleased I came out??

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I'm carless this month so spontaneous trips are out if the window for me as I can only go with someone else so it takes a planned trip in a guaranteed weather window.

Zerkalo

I would be out today but no maggots and tackle shops not open on Sunday. I woke up late with a hangover and slept in during the rain this morning but now it's glorious sunshine.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Regretting not going myself now because the weather has calmed down. Bought some maggots yesterday so I'll have to get out tomorrow or Tuesday before they all turn.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Our weather is changeable sunshine one minute followed by a strong wind and driving rain for 20mins, had a look at the river it's not over the banks but it's absolutely tanking through.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Sorry to hear it @Silverfisher I had a feeling when you said what had happened this might be the case. Hope you find a suitable replacement soon.
Yeah I'm sure I'll find something just might take a while under the current restrictions. Could be worse timing though at least I'm not missing out on much at the moment ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Just ventured out to the shop and whilst it’s nice and sunny it’s very windy and not a warm wind at that! Been over the cherwell a couple times and it’s over the banks in places and full to the brim in others so don’t suppose the Thames is much better ?

Silure

Site Supporter
Lucky you got bad weather. we've got lockdown and can only go out for one hour a day for exercise. No fishing for another two weeks at least. What pisses me off though is that the bloody hunters can go out all day and shoot whatever they want.

MrTencherson

Well I roughed it out today, it was rainy (on and off) and very windy but I had an awesome day.

Got to the lake just as the rain had paused but still really windy so I picked a peg that had natural shelter in the form of trees and bushes, got the brolly and gear set up. The wind wasn't an issue as I was feeder fishing.

I was sheltered from the wind and warm enough, I managed to catch a nice mixed bag of fish including some skimmers, lots of roach including one of about a pound and 5 decent commons (low doubles) so quite a good days fishing for me bearing in mind its November and the weather was horrid. So glad I went ?

Al