Bloody carp

PAB

Site Supporter
Wherever i look it is nothing but Carp this and carp that and with the closed season there is very little if any choice in my area but carp don't get me wrong i don't mind the occasional carp but every time my tip twitches or my float dips it is a carp they are becoming something of a pest is there any bait that carp will not eat that others will i am yet to find it over 40 fish again today all carp up to 10Lb sick of the things how the hell do i find somewhere carp free in the closed season i am sure i am not the only. one bring back good ole mixed fisheries sorry rant over feel better now.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Wherever i look it is nothing but Carp this and carp that and with the closed season there is very little if any choice in my area but carp don't get me wrong i don't mind the occasional carp but every time my tip twitches or my float dips it is a carp they are becoming something of a pest is there any bait that carp will not eat that others will i am yet to find it over 400 fish again today all carp up to 10Lb sick of the things how the hell do i find somewhere carp free in the closed season i am sure i am not the only. one bring back good ole mixed fisheries sorry rant over feel better now.
If it’s going to make you rant , then pack up for the closed season-That will be just like the good old days for you then !!!......you’ve caught 40 fish upto 10lb and your moaning 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️💁‍♂️💁‍♂️💁‍♂️

PAB

Site Supporter
If it’s going to make you rant , then pack up for the closed season-That will be just like the good old days for you then !!!......you’ve caught 400 fish upto 10lb and your moaning 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️💁‍♂️💁‍♂️💁‍♂️
sorry typo 40

pies

Site Supporter
40 fish in a session and your moaning. I just been an on a F1 lake and not caught half that and those fishing for silvers barely caught
Id stop moaning or stop til the 16th. Most commercial fisherys are carp oriented as thats what pays the bills

PAB

Site Supporter
I can understand that it can get frustrating if your specifically targeting other species. I would call that a good days fishing.
but what would you call it if it was exactly the same every day, day in day out non stop.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Glad this thread has been started tbh - must be all of two days since the last one and was beginning to think that we would never discuss it again.
What happened to the good old days when we would just be happy repeatedly discussing what Maxima line is better than Maxima line and why are all rods not called Acolyte

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I think the op is moaning about the lack of variety. Fishing these carp lakes is OK for a booster after a few dire sessions, but given the choice of 2 lakes, one predominately carp and the other no carp, I know where I'd fish, even if it was going to be a struggle.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I can understand that it can get frustrating if your specifically targeting other species. I would call that a good days fishing.
Yes but why would you go to a carp lake and target the little roach, perch etc💁‍♂️💁‍♂️In a match, or even if I’m pleasure fishing I want to catch something I know is on the end, them little silvers are just nuisance fish.......I honestly can’t understand anyone who goes and fishes what is in essence a carp puddle,and then comes on here and rants that they can’t stop catching carp 😂😂😂Don’t Fish Them -simple

PAB

Site Supporter
Yes but why would you go to a carp lake and target the little roach, perch etc💁‍♂️💁‍♂️In a match, or even if I’m pleasure fishing I want to catch something I know is on the end, them little silvers are just nuisance fish
yes you are probably right but i just cannot find a non carp lake anymore near me.

Silver fan 82

Yes but why would you go to a carp lake and target the little roach, perch etc💁‍♂️💁‍♂️In a match, or even if I’m pleasure fishing I want to catch something I know is on the end, them little silvers are just nuisance fish
I agree mate. I remember fishing a commercial years ago that was supposed to have good perch in. Couldn't get passed the carp. Lesson learnt?
Cracking fishery though, not knocking it at all. I'm well over due a session on a commercial.