Bloody big heavy box

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
How touching that you should consider the comfort of my posterior when seated.:love:

mimississ

I bought myself a new brilo scothorne box years ago,, absolutely fantastic quality,,, over the years its been loaded up with all sorts of gear,,, all I will say is thank god for trolleys,,, I fear I may rupture something if I had to carry it a long way,,,, but I will never get rid of it,,,

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
I bought a diawa 500 box after using a plastic seat box when I started to coarse fish again didnt realise weight of it till I carrying out of the shop soon took trays off to try cut down on weight box was OK but I dropped it down a steep bank and broke clips off drawers now have a matrix s25 box a lot lighter just need a new trolley now

nejohn

Site Supporter
People who use them obviously see a point to them but I don't, I have always used a nice comfy reclining chair.
What is so funny about that? I'm sat in padded reclined comfort while your arse is going numb on a rock hard piece of foam.
Not to mention you pull a muscle in your arm or back lifting them in and out of the car or carrying them from car to water.
When I 1st did my back in I thought a chair would be the answer.... How wrong I could have been, uncomfortable to be casting on a regular basis, reaching forward to net fish was a pain and getting up and down was also difficult. Went straight back to the seat box, you don't have to move about a lot to fish efficiently, keep everything you are going to need in drawers and you don't need to get up while fishing. As long as you get a light weight stable box in the 1st place (I have a brilo, matchbox and a milo stool) then they are not a problem and much better on my back once you set the height and level correctly than I found the chair. I would only consider a chair if I was chucking a feeder and waiting for the bites

Flathead

Site Supporter
There are ‘light’ seat boxes around....I have a MAP 30 lite. Problem is you can’t fit any tackle into it except for a few pole winders.

Once you start adding extra drawers etc.....it stops being ‘light’.....it is also not very ‘light’ when you add the footrest.

TBH I am fed up trying to lug these boxes around and have recently ordered some Octoplus legs to put on my old Shakespeare box so, at least, I can level it up.

I have also started using a chair more often with a hold-all as I have to use a hold-all anyway to carry my reels etc. when using the seatbox.

I mostly fish in the fens so, usually, the banks are flat but you still need to walk and carry your gear.

I have few trolleys but these are only OK until you come to a stile, a fence or have to climb a floodbank.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
There are ‘light’ seat boxes around....I have a MAP 30 lite. Problem is you can’t fit any tackle into it except for a few pole winders.

Once you start adding extra drawers etc.....it stops being ‘light’.....it is also not very ‘light’ when you add the footrest.

TBH I am fed up trying to lug these boxes around and have recently ordered some Octoplus legs to put on my old Shakespeare box so, at least, I can level it up.

I have also started using a chair more often with a hold-all as I have to use a hold-all anyway to carry my reels etc. When using the seatbox.

I mostly fish in the fens so, usually, the banks are flat but you still need to walk and carry your gear.

I have few trolleys but these are only OK until you come to a stile, a fence or have to climb a floodbank.
Wow, I didn’t know you could still buy Octoplus legs. ?

Maverick

Personally I have a Garbolino GBC-18 which to me is one of the best boxes I've owned and seen.
They are light enough to carry in and out of the boot, compact enough not to take up all the available space, and has 25mm legs which are more than strong enough to carry my svelt frame ;)

The additional trays come out as one with the ease of pulling one knob, so if weight is a problem they can easily be separated whilst loading and unloading.
Unfortunately, the box has now been discontinued in favour of the 36mm legged range, but you should still find some around if you look

Here's the spec....

A mate who used our fishery last year bought a brand new one. looked a nice box but I never thought to ask him if I could pick it up to see how heavy it was :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: He's found a new fishery now.

Maverick

People who use them obviously see a point to them but I don't, I have always used a nice comfy reclining chair.
What is so funny about that? I'm sat in padded reclined comfort while your arse is going numb on a rock hard piece of foam.
Not to mention you pull a muscle in your arm or back lifting them in and out of the car or carrying them from car to water.

You sound like a youngish fella. If I ever sat in one of those comfy reclining chairs I'd pee myself before I ever managed to get out of it :eek:

SeanB

Site Supporter
If anyone is looking to use a Shakespeare type box but might have a long walk, one of these might be worth a look at - Look at this on eBay - Breakaway Seat Box Conversion - SB2 | eBay

They are very popular amongst beach anglers, I've had one for years and walked long distances or climbed up and down cliffs. They are easy to fit and the back rest is a bonus. Fit a set of octoplus legs and you're sorted.