BLOODWORM and JOKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

splodger

Is there anyone on the site who is familiar with this style of fishing?
It is a style of fishing i am not familiar with and would like to gather as much info as possible regarding floats,hooks and the overall method of fishing.
I hope someone can help me with this.
Happy new year to all maggotdrowners!

SPLODGER

Brian Mac

Splodger, Worm and Joker fishing is as easy as any other method of fishing, but in winter will always give you the edge over other people not using it.
Joker is the feed, (if its really hard use it on the hook as well) this should always be fed with a pole pot to keep your feed in a small area. When you receive your joker riddle damp leam over it to separate them. If you are on a deep venue add a binder. I always use Van den Eyndes Kryptonite. This will enable you to form the leam and joker into balls. If you are fishing the far shelf of a canal then joker just treated with Kryptonite will enable you to form small balls of joker and get the bait down to the fish.
Rigs are simple as well there are two basic set ups, one for presenting the bait on the drop and the other for fishing hard on the bottom. On the drop I always use a small slim float and style leads strung out. When the fish are on the bottom use a heavier float with an olivette about 12 inches from the hook and add a no12 dropper about 3 inches from the hook.
Hooks must be fine, I use the Image IM1 range from 20-26 and recently have had good results using flurocarbon hook lengths from 0.06mm upwards but no thicker than 0.10mm.
Always plumb your depth accurately making sure that the worm is just touching bottom. Hook the worm through the green head, its a bit fiddly but once mastered will catch more fish.
If the venue is really hard try a single or double joker in the hook.

Brian

splodger

Brian you're a star mate!
Sounds easy so i will put it into practice and let you know how i get on.
Once again thanks mate!

SPLODGER

Status
Not open for further replies.