Blaze wear etc

Marker50

Site Supporter
Anyone use the blaze wear heated clothes ?
Jamie harrison did a unboxing on utube.
Waiting for his next vid.a 2 week report.

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
I was looking at those too, but the reviews don’t speak highly of them so the search continues...

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Mate bought a heated gilet for on his motorbike... he rated it while the battery lasted... alas a couple of hours is all you get... long enough for a bike ride... maybe not for a long day on the bank

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
It was Blaze... he said on the bike you need it on max as wind chill can take heat away quickly, so he always had it on the hottest setting in the winter...

Marker50

Site Supporter
Ok .
Think the hottest takes a lot of power.
Was thinking the base layers ?
So heat is under fleece etc

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I’ve got the blaze wear thermal base layers, they are good , but don’t last a full 5 hour match , I’ve also got the gilet , which is also windproof, are they worth the money, I can’t really say, I’ll give them another go this winter though

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I’ve got the socks. I have poor circulation and use them when others are fishing in trainers. I’ve tried heated insoles and various types of thermal boot and sock types. The blaze wear stuff keeps my feet from going like blocks of ice on the very coldest days. On milder days toasty warm. I wear them in neoprene wellies I got fro Aldi. On high power a couple of hours, 4 on medium, 5 on low. I tend to put them on medium when I’m 4 hours from packing up. I have another set of batteries and will change them and use them all day on the coldest days. I think the best thing I can say is that when I use them I don’t think about my feet anymore. I paid£70 for the socks with a single set of batteries (the green ones were on offer).

i saw the Jamie Harrison video and will watch the follow up with interest, the Gillett is catching my eye.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Chuffin Nora, they'll be putting power outlets on pegs next where you can plug your undies into whilst you fish :D

Put a jumper on :)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Chuffin Nora, they'll be putting power outlets on pegs next where you can plug your undies into whilst you fish :D

Put a jumper on :)

Have ya seen them Little Pod like Huts down the Trent they look the Dogsblox mate ?

bagpuss

Site Supporter
I have the base layer I tend not to turn mine on until a few hours into a match as I’m normally quite warm with walking to the peg and setting up. Weather dependant sometimes if it’s mild and I’m catching I won’t bother turning it on but
when I do I’ll set it on high and it will last me the rest of the match.