Blanked session Plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi every 1, ive not been on dis site 4 abt a year. Sorry guyz [:(] but hey, im bak now [:p] and my first fishing trip in 6 months and i blanked. I tried everything and only got three bites [V]. The lake was full of roach chub and small carp but big 1s lingering. Any tips guyz, coz my fishing session was a dissapointment [:(!]

What beats FISHING, ....... er NOTHING

By the way, for all use ppl in Lancashire it was called Rufford Meadow Fisheries in Rufford [;)] u may have fished there Ray, I hope [:D]

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Can someone offer an interpretation of the above posts?

chill out go fishing

carpbob3

it is a bit hard to say really after all it is winter and bites are hard to come by as you know...... maybe the fish were shold up else where in the pond. It could be any combination of reasons wrong bait, tackics,depth the list is endless
best of luck next time

bob

if your not fishing your not living

carpbob3

lol esox ......... think he might be using a mobile phone to text his message on to the net .....

if your not fishing your not living

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sheesh you old uns don't know anything.

text=text
plz=please
use=you all/you lot
abt=about
ppl=people
dis=this
2-4 etc=the corresponding word

I'm seriously thinking of putting a post up with some of the "translations" because it causes a lot of confusion.
Especially when it comes down to initials & the likes.

oh and text shrtand= text short hand. [:D]

Alan

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

Last edited:

ray

hiya john, welcome back to the site.

what baits and methods were you using, i havent fished there but try a single grain of corn or a single maggot with very little feed (as in very,very little feed)

will make a few enquirys for ya and get back to you.

later ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
There asking for help so I see no reason why they cant use the written word. If there to lazy to type out the question properly then why should we have to take the time and effort to answer.

chill out go fishing

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
ooooooooo someones got out of bed on the wrong side then eh?

I was up till three watchin these boards (& posting on the Lada forums) but i'm no where near as grumpy as you are mate now quit ya winging n get out there fishing [:D]

Alan

Last edited:

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I am with Mr Howard on this one. If u can't rite proper don't rite at all.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
gotta agree wiv dat 1 Geoffers [:D], then again you're in a country that can't speell proper like wot we does mate so you should be used to it [;)]

Alan

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
quote:eek:oooooooo someones got out of bed on the wrong side then eh?
I got up fine then the morning went down hill rapid. Cooker blew up time needed to fix it 7 -10 days. Tele blew up engineer called cant fix it so time needed 7-10 days

quote:I was up till three watchin these boards (& posting on the Lada forums) but i'm no where near as grumpy as you are mate now quit ya winging n get out there fishing
Lada forum??????..... how sad!!!!!!! you should get out fishing.

chill out go fishing

i cant believe every one is moaning about short cuts of spelling. Its only a bloody forum for god sake, its not a letter to the queen [:(!]. And thank you Ray for your reply. I tried fishing at various depths andtried nearly every bait in my tub. I few little feed in aswell. Maybe it just weren't my day[:(]. The rest of the lake was frozen over, so maybe they where eating ice - cream under there [:D]. Anyway hope u can find any tips for us Ray [:)]. And a big happy welcome to the moaners of the site [:(!]

Spelling mistakes after i didn't look at post preview.

This is for all use old women out there !!! [:(!]

few = threw (typed wrong)

And a big happy welcome FROM the moaners of the site. (FROM not TO)

andtried = and tried (never pressed spacebar)

[:D][:D][:D][:D] i hope this stops the old women replying

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm sorry but i believe the "old moaners" do have a point.

A lot of them are over the age of twenty & text talk is an all new phenomenon to them.

It is hard to understand if you haven't "heard" it before.
You must remember this isn't a "youngsters" chatroom & a lot of these people were out fishing while you were still a twinkle in your dads eye so they are the ones who will have the answers you require, you could also look at it that those you are calling old moaners may have been the ones who fought for this country so you could use your text spk.

Please show a little respect for those who don't understand the "kids chat".

Alan

Last edited:

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
YYUR...YYUB....ICUR....YY4ME.

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

i dont like the name " kid " because the name " kid " is for little boys and im not a little boy, as i say its not a letter to the queen. And these older people should have a brain to realise that when you say 4 its sounds like FOR [}:)]. I didnt hear any moaning from ray [;)]. i just can't believe use people (ppl) are actually arguing about how i type words instead of just helping me with my question [}:)]. I think i'll use Trogg for my interpretator [:D][:D]

MALC

In front of you you will find a key board and a computer screen with NO limit on the amount of letters you can use.

NOT a mobile phone screen that limits the amount of letters you can type.

Why make life difficult !!!

Personally i dont bother reading or replying when supposed text talk is used (and i'm not alone) where as if normal words are used i would reply.

You'll find that you will get more response to a post if it's readable to every body.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Now, you have brought up the fact that your spelling is bad and to be honest its not that good. A "kid" of ten can spell better than that. I was refering to the lazy idle abbreveations you used.
You want help but cant accept that you should word your requests in a legible manner. Like Malc said if you cant take the time and trouble to phrase and word your requests, I for one wont bother replying.

chill out go fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.