Blame it on the weatherman !

Status
Not open for further replies.

splodger

Hya all!
Splodger was driving home from shopping yesterday morning listening to BBC Radio 5 live and the weather report for the next two days was announced.
To my glee the weatherman stated that tomorrow (Wednesday)and the next few days were going to be very springlike with high pressure dominating and long sunny spells occuring.
So i prepared my feed and hook pellets and looked forward to a decent day on the bank.
Imagine my horror and dismay to wake up and find a horrible dark day with a cold northerly wind howling through my pampus grass!
How much money are these clots getting paid for feeding us this garbage?
In my opinion they should either be on the front line in Iraq or be given a season ticket for Sheffield Wednesday!
Does anyone agree or is it time for me to start taking the prozac gain?
SPLODGER

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Season ticket for Sheffield Wednesday? Now is that punishment enough? Bad I know but ??????

Now making him watch Leeds Utd every day would be a real punishment.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member
Fishing Venues UK

joe1987

'Darwener'
Many a time I've heard a great forecasts, really looked forward to a nice day and its been awful. Personally I think the internet is a better source, www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ www.metoffice.co.uk/ are both good and for long range and FISHING forecasts go to www.theweatheroutlook.com/regSelectfish.asp

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

BlythMags

The only thing worse than the stupid weather forecasters, are the clowns who watch the forecasts.......and than rely on them!!

I looked at the BBC Digital forecast today for our area (Newcastle).

The 24 hour forecast was for light cloud at 9am, sunshine from 12 am thru til 15:00 then light cloud from then on with temps of around 8 - 10 degrees.

The same BBC Digital forecast but the 5 day forecast (for today!!) was for dark cloud and rain with a max of around 4 degrees!!!

They're so stupid (and overpaid, by the way) that they can't even get there own forecasts in tune on that particular day.

I wrote to the Beeb a few months back conplaining that the hottest place in the UK (according to the BBC SKy Text) is Hull.....and it's been the hottest place for months now. It's hotter than anywhere else in the country, including the likes of Plymouth, Southampton and bloody Jersey, for God's sake!!!!!!

Has anyone ever been to Hull - it's baltic in August, for Christ's sake!!

I emailled the Beeb to ask them to announce this fact nationally, to save all those people planning to retire to Jersey the bother and expense when they can baske in the golden sunshine of bloody Humberside for a fifth of the price they'd pay for property down south.

They never replied, needless to say.

As for me??

The nice men from the local asylumm are coming at 9am tomorrow to collect me - apparently I'm distorbed??

fishfinger

you can fall out with peaple you know,ie the sheffield wednesday crack[:D]
keep taking the prozac splodger[:D]

the fishing pixies tell me to go fishing

Dervaig

Blythmags - totally agree, over the past couple of months at least, the BBC Weather site and the Metoffice site have hardly agreed. You can't rely on either so don't.
I feel I must point out though, that I thought we had to keep our comments clean on this site, unlike some, and there you go mentioning Hull[:O][:O]lol.

Dervaig

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
I thought high pressure meant poor fishing?
The nights are colder, so the fish tend to be inactive.

Or does the sun warm the water enough during the day to
provoke some action?

Jason

MALC

Personaly i never take any notice of the forecasts.

I just walk out the door and get on with it.

If it's cold or wet put more cloths on and if it's hot then strip off [;)]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

BlythMags

Malc - you've got the right idea.

Although I'm not sure I'd want to see you strip off in the peg next to me?

[:D]

Alan G

Esox

Met office seem about the best. I've met a few of them through work, and they reckon that they can nearly always tell what the weather will be like, but can't be confident WHEN the weather will be like what they reckon it'll be, ie timing is still a big problem.
Tossers!

splodger

Has anyone seen that Francis Wilson on sky?
He depresses me before he opens his mouth!
And what also gets my heckles standing up is the fact that even if it is the foulest of weather,they always smile when they are telling you about it!Isnt that sick!
In answer to blythmags weather forecasts are there to be watched,otherwise why have them in the first place.
And fishfinger,sorry about the sheffield wednesday crack but i'm a rotherham fan you see and i cant help it.
SPLODGER

BlythMags

But why watch them when they're rarely accurate.

I sat for 10 hours yesterday freezzing my tits off, but the forecast was for 12 degrees and sunny - it couldn't have been further from the truth!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.