Black friday

Tyecon

I've been watching a few items on Amazon waiting for black Friday.today 2 of the items have actually gone up
Item 1 was a watch has gone from 79 to 109
Item 2 was a phone has gone from 299 to 329
How do they justify this and then next week will reduce them again

Alca

I was watching a Maver signature pro 900, it’s been £2000 at angling direct for the last couple of weeks then it went up to £2699 on Monday . I’ll just keep looking I guess.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It's the same with me. I've been watching a Pard nv007 night sight for the rifle listed at £285 post free in a sale, now it's gone up by £100 to £385. No chance of me paying that. I'll keep looking elsewhere.

rudd

Site Supporter
Black Friday was made up by the retail world, as was Valentine's day, mothers day etc.
All a con to make you part with hard earned.

Several years ago I returned an expensive ring to a retailer as was £300 cheaper (during a diamond offer) two weeks after buying it during a black Friday event where I was told it would never be cheaper.
They refunded me the difference straight away and gave a slight discount.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The only genuine bargains will be a few items in large stores to entice people through the doors and old stock that retailers want to clear.
Shops cant afford to give stuff away but what they can do is calafudge the prices to make it look like you're getting a bargain

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Prices as always are based on what the market will bear and have no relation to costs.

Inflating prices ahead of a "sale" is nothing new.

A bargain is only a bargain if it is something you need.

rudd

Site Supporter
Must admit I have a few unused bargins including a penrose barrow/platform!

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bought an Apple laptop a couple of years back from John Lewis on Black Friday, it was cheaper than anywhere else and the price didn’t go up before, just the reduction on the day. I guess there are some bargains if you look for them.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Have to say I'm going to be relying on the discounts for a Christmas present or two, bound to be a couple good deals out there.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
We do a lot of our next Christmas shopping in the January sales. Massive reductions on paper, cards etc, and then over 1/2 of the pressies. Saves a fortune.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Hmm..I wonder if car boot sales have a Black Friday sale, oooh and second hand shops, not that I'm tight or anything. :whistle: :D

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Have you thought of looking for closed down Cafe's and buying their half empty Brown Sauce bottles

Buy??...BUY? :eek: If they're closing down and the bottles are half used then surely it'll be thrown away or written off. They should be grateful a chap like me can take them off they're hands...saves taking it to the dump etc. :giggle:

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Buy??...BUY? :eek: If they're closing down and the bottles are half used then surely it'll be thrown away or written off. They should be grateful a chap like me can take them off they're hands...saves taking it to the dump etc. :giggle:
Sound thinking.
One word of warning though. A lot of unscrupulous cheapskate owners would buy 'Cash and Carry cheap muck then pour it into HP and Daddies bottles. Beware

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Buy it because ya need it not because ya think yer getting a bargain ?

I'm a Yorkshireman mate, I only buy a bargain because I need it, and then I often haggle. If that fails I put on the 'poor old pensioner' puppy eyes. :giggle:

Wise Owl

Account Locked
When I was in Isreal in one of the mad markets ya get all the sayings Asda price cheaper than Aldi and one lad said to me Cheaper than shop lifters ??? I bought summat off him for his great humour ?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Nowt I want... Nowt I'll buy... s'all a big con anyway... whack the prices up a few weeks before, drop em to normal on the day... take the pee they do