bivvy table???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray

wave.gif
thinking time gents and gentess's, i want some kind of table for the wife to use when she is fishin, she has got a drennan bait tray but wants something for bits and bobs. i was thinking along the lines of a bivvy table but there must be somthing out there that will do the job but is cheaper, any ideas?. thinking.gif

clean banks campaign 2002 still has a few vacancies.....are you a member?
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Ray, I use a 2 tier bait table that was cheap and easy to set up,
To the outside leg of your standard bait table add an Octoplus joint and a variable length pole.
then buy a Bait waiter tray.
This has a central thread and you can spin it on positioning it above and offset to your bait table.
If you can understand this, fine,
If not , I'll set it up and send you a pic.

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

ray

sorry trev, should have explained, the wife use's a chair so it's got to be free standing, i have been looking at camping tables but up to now i have'nt found one with adjustable legs. (it's only so that she can put cup, fags, make up (ouch that hurt) etc) thumbsup.gif

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
OK mate np
cya

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ray,
Have a look on the Badger site,i think you'll find what you want here
Just about the cheapest i've seen.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Buy a small plastic tray drill a 3/8inch hole in the middle and then put an old rod rest thread thru it and bolt in to place. If a nut isnt available dont worry just screw it in to the bank stick. Job done. At a push an old tin lid from a biscuit tin would do the job.

chill out go fishing

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
ray - what about one that will attach to the chair arm and swing away?

Newt Vail

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do what I do Ray, let them use the kitchen table they are chained to.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

martin.

Account Locked
hi ray
have you thought about getting a standard platformthey are more expensive they start round my way at about 35
this way you can also use it if your fishing some where where you need one
saying your getting it for missus to use was the reasoon i justified the expense to her
well it worked for me

tight lines.
martin.

MALC

Ray

I think Martins got the best idea.

Wish it was that easy to get one over on Julie but she hates anything to do with fishing.

17 days till WhiteAcres and counting.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

ray

wave.gif
hiya all, thanks for the replys, i am thinking of making one john using an old "tea tray" but thought i would see what you guys came up with, like the idea of a folding one newt, time to get my thinking/designing head on. dont know about a platform? dont think i would use one, never needed one up to now but how do ya think i got my margin pole, told her it was for her (she has'nt used it yet)
thanks guys thumbsup.gif

17 days and counting...what time you there malc..hahaha...first round is on you.
p.s i will be going fishing as soon as i get there (geoff as well i think) if python is not being used for the match i will be on there.

MALC

Still working on the wife but don't look like we'll be leaving much before 9ish and i recon with the traffic we wont be there till 2 or 3 so yes as you say the first round will be on me, but as it's the AT Final on the sat/sun i may not be able to find you in the bar to get them in

I see that Will Raison is stopping till Wednesday after the AT final so the club will be packed.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

ray

thats the main reason i dont use the club, dont like fightin to get to a beer much prefer to have a few tinnies in the caravan and get my bait ready for the following day.

malc, you have mail.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Ray - I have a youngster (well, 22 now) in a wheelchair all his life and have gotten all sorts of gadgets and goodies for the various chairs over the years.

Happy to post some links or email you some pictures if you want.

Newt Vail

ray

thanks newt, any links would be greatfully appreciated, i will be making a table/tray this w/end that will do her for our holiday, it that will also give me some time to find something else. thumbsup.gif

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Ray - for starters you can check these for ideas. Especially the last one which is for various "disabled sportsmen" groups in the US including anglers and hunters. Should be some useful contacts from that.

Trays - http://www.therafin.com/trays.htm

Fold-away tray table - http://www.mobilitymed.com/trays.htm

Clamp-on rod holder for a chair - http://www.1800wheelchair.com/des_01.asp?SaleItemID=86

And some other links you might find interesting/useful - http://www.open.org/~orparavt/Pg19.html

Newt Vail

ray

thanks newt. thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.