Bitting off more than it can chew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakesteve

Went fishing on Thursday was fishing with feeder rod size 12 hook and hair rigged chunk off meat, When i realed in to check bait and reposition found this little fellow hanging on to the end of my hook. Just had to get a quick snap as i could'nt believe what i was seeing.
443.jpg
Talk about its eyes being to big for its belly.[:0]Meat was nearly an inch cube.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Greedy little sods, aren't they!!?!? I had one on a hair-rigged 14mm halibut pellet on a size 7 from the Trent a couple of years back...

0lly

I thought the gonk i had on saturday was biteing off more than it could chew eating a 6mm pellet but thats just insane haha.

Super ted

CRABKATCHA
Im disgusted to see you swinging in specimens like that.....also wheres your unhooking mat??[:eek:)]

crumpercatcher

I had a tiny tench attack a 16mm hair rigged pellet last season. The lead in the photo is 1.5oz (I think)

Picture027.png

Snakesteve

Ive had quite a few small skimmers and roach take large baits before as no doubt everyone as at some time but nothing as small as that little thing.I could'nt believe my eyes when i reeled it in. [:0]

Status
Not open for further replies.