Bites whilst Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelangley

Has anyone else experienced this?

I went fishing for a few hours on Friday to a local river.

Felt an odd, itching sensation on both elbows, almost like a spider was dangling web from my elbows, anyway, thought nothing more of it.

My 1 arm is now swollen and has 2 blisters on it. Been to the emergency docs and am on anti-biotics as it seems to be infected. I wonder if this is a spider bite?

Anyone else experienced this?

J

kevb

was 'bigkevb'
i normal have a few bites out of a cheese n tomato buttie or a sausage roll ....never had anti biotics for them [:p][:p][:p][:p]

Foul ducker

A mate of mine was bitten on the hand by a horse fly and thought no more of it until his hand swelled up twice the size still wouldn't stop fishing until he couldn't hold his rod though what a trooper lol

matchstickman25

many times. my arm had swollen up twice its normal size. its irritating, goes down after a few days. never found out what it was, i presume a minor allergic reaction. i remember one evening fishing a small stream and i was getting mobbed. i tried taking the pain but afdter half an hour enough was enough. i was very foolish. i had been bitten/stung all over my arms and face. in agony for the next few days! i felt like the elephant man.

dusstii

had a spider bite on me hand, whilst out walkin the dog. my hand swelled alot and tracked up my arm. antibiotics, and a tetanus jab later n a was fine after a cpl of days. lil buggers!!!

mightycee

Could be mosquitos. they carry all sorts and if your fishing around dusk they will make a meal of you. try geting some good alergy tablets and take one every day before u goto bed. that way if u do get bitten you wont react to it (i.e swell up) another good way to keep the little ****s away is use some of that jungle spray from boots. it contains a compound called deet and they wont come near you if they smell it.

Coelacanth

Originally posted by jelangley

Felt an odd, itching sensation on both elbows, almost like a spider was dangling web from my elbows, anyway, thought nothing more of it.

My 1 arm is now swollen and has 2 blisters on it. Been to the emergency docs and am on anti-biotics as it seems to be infected. I wonder if this is a spider bite?

My money would be on black fly. Did it feel a bit like the aftermath of nettlerash to start with, a slightly numb tingling? Been done on both elbows this year, I just assumed I'd brushed the nettles on my way to the river until I looked and saw the little gets guzzling away.

Brute1981

I got at least 50 mozzie bites in one night whilst in France last week, the second night I stood on my box of mozzie coils when I got a run so for the rest of the week I just zipped up the mozzie panel on the front of my bivvy, good fun getting out half asleep in the middle of the night when I got a run but at least I wasn't savaged or kept awake by those annoying and noisy flybys they do.

Last edited:

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Horse fly bites maybe, i swell up to the size of an air balloon when the little buggers bite me. On seeing the swelling my mrs suggested go fishing with my bits hanging out my jeans[:0] Wonder what she's implying?[:(!]

Donfish

'Wot's geet Wilf?
Originally posted by jelangley

I went fishing for a few hours on Friday to a local river.

Anyone else experienced this?

J

Start worrying if you get a special suit made and start firing webs from your wrists. [:H]

Status
Not open for further replies.