Bit of info come to light this morning...

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Warning... I had an ultrasound on a sore shoulder back in September, it showed an inflamed Bursar in the joint... The remedy is either physio, or a Steroid injection... I was all set to take the injection, when she dropped the bombshell that Steroid injections can lower your resistance to Covid... so now I have to wait for the physio... be warned chaps n' chapesses

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Warning... I had an ultrasound on a sore shoulder back in September, it showed an inflamed Bursar in the joint... The remedy is either physio, or a Steroid injection... I was all set to take the injection, when she dropped the bombshell that Steroid injections can lower your resistance to Covid... so now I have to wait for the physio... be warned chaps n' chapesses
Hope all goes well for you buddy. ?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Good luck Arry ?I’ve had a trapped nerve for months now in my Gregory, but hospitals are treating far worse so I reckon I can endure it a bit longer whilst this is going on ?

Arry

Site Supporter
Oh I can live with it at the mo... its just the info about the Steroid jab that I was bringing to folks attention... christ at my age if I wake up pain free its a bonus... compressed discs in me back, shot knees, knackered shoulder, tennis elbow cracking neck.... all a leftover from a life of manual work... I can live with the shoulder and all the others, but I'm not going to put myself in jeopardy from covid to ease some aches that I can medicate with pain killers

Take care folks... stay safe

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Why inject something into your body when physio would sort it?

JayD

Site Supporter
Prescribed steroids to patients undergoing cancer treatments are part of the reason that they are immunocompromised, and are isolated from any suspected covid carriers. That's the reason that the oncology unit that my daughter works in is understaffed, with between four and 10 off, and unable to treat, at various times during the last few months.
stay safe
John.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I went to a private physio she was about 4 foot 9 and knocked hell outta me but it felt good afterwards, but I know what yer thinking ?NO I wouldn’t ????

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Last year I was booked in for four sessions with a physio. I went to two and on the second session something in my neck went with a click. At that point it felt like someone had poured some water down my neck and back. I froze thinking someone had gone terribly wrong. She said ... bend forward. So I gingerly bent forward and my back, shoulder and headache pain went just like that. It was ace. That night I slept like a baby. Best thing I’ve ever had done. Obviously something had locked up or got stuck. I’d highly recommend it. And the physio was easy on the eye too. ?

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
Be careful mate. Susan, a friend of mine had a steroid injection and look what happened....... her hair turned from blonde to black overnight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201103_133105.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103_133105.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 9

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I went to a private physio she was about 4 foot 9 and knocked hell outta me but it felt good afterwards, but I know what yer thinking ?NO I wouldn’t ????
??. You sure that was a physio Wise Owl ? My one didn’t wear a basque and suspenders like yours did. ??

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
Site Supporter
What's your age? What's your general health like? To what extent will steroids affect your immune system? What is the covid situation like in your area? What's your work situation like? Could you stay isolated during the time you are beeing treated with steroids? Talk to your doctor about theese issues, and she'll help you assess the risk and the benefits of sterod versus physio. That will make it a lot easier to make an informed decision.

Arry

Site Supporter
What's your age? What's your general health like? To what extent will steroids affect your immune system? What is the covid situation like in your area? What's your work situation like? Could you stay isolated during the time you are beeing treated with steroids? Talk to your doctor about theese issues, and she'll help you assess the risk and the benefits of sterod versus physio. That will make it a lot easier to make an informed decision.
62... not brilliant... reduce my resistance to covid... we are in tier 2... retired... I'd struggle and it would be a single injection into the shoulder, don't know how long it would be effective for... hence my decision to run with the physio