Bishops Bowl(white Bishops) today 💪

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Today’s venture out with the Thursday match club took us to White Bishops lake, at Bishops Bowl👍They’ve drawn me peg 10, basically middle of lake ..I had a good start on the 5m line , catching a carp,and 2 bream, then it’s died, looking around every one was struggling, apart from Gordon Hitchen on the reeds on peg 13 !! I’ve fed a pellet waggler line, to the middle, with 8mm pellets, and a line for shallow with 6mm, at 13m ....During the day , it’s been rock hard, I’ve mugged a few, had some on pellet wag, and some slapping shallow at 13 m....At the end I’ve had 10 carp, 2 bream, for 50-4-0,which was good enough for 2nd💰💪Gordon just done me with 51-7-0 😭, so well done to him! Bagger Bates was 3rd with 25lb, then there was a 19lb , then absolutely no one else managed double figures 💁‍♂️Apart from losing one carp on pellet wag , I felt I’d done ok, swapping between methods to get odd fish ...back to work tomorrow, and my 2nd jab !!!!.....catch photo isn’t best quality due to sunlight 💁‍♂️ CF4ED54F-6C4D-45C5-8D62-24DC6A6B3B97.jpeg 49E3A167-B76A-465D-9E70-87A5E6501A1D.jpeg

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Today’s venture out with the Thursday match club took us to White Bishops lake, at Bishops Bowl👍They’ve drawn me peg 10, basically middle of lake ..I had a good start on the 5m line , catching a carp,and 2 bream, then it’s died, looking around every one was struggling, apart from Gordon Hitchen on the reeds on peg 13 !! I’ve fed a pellet waggler line, to the middle, with 8mm pellets, and a line for shallow with 6mm, at 13m ....During the day , it’s been rock hard, I’ve mugged a few, had some on pellet wag, and some slapping shallow at 13 m....At the end I’ve had 10 carp, 2 bream, for 50-4-0,which was good enough for 2nd💰💪Gordon just done me with 51-7-0 😭, so well done to him! Bagger Bates was 3rd with 25lb, then there was a 19lb , then absolutely no one else managed double figures 💁‍♂️Apart from losing one carp on pellet wag , I felt I’d done ok, swapping between methods to get odd fish ...back to work tomorrow, and my 2nd jab !!!!.....catch photo isn’t best quality due to sunlight 💁‍♂️ CF4ED54F-6C4D-45C5-8D62-24DC6A6B3B97.jpeg 49E3A167-B76A-465D-9E70-87A5E6501A1D.jpeg
Whoooo baga Gaza ,great day again ,very well done ,youve worked hard 👏 great result and only just pipped to the post ,thats unlucky. Sounds like the reed peg was the best , you'd have slaughtered them if you drew that 😉.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Whoooo baga Gaza ,great day again ,very well done ,youve worked hard 👏 great result and only just pipped to the post ,thats unlucky. Sounds like the reed peg was the best , you'd have slaughtered them if you drew that 😉.
Yeah he said he lost 10 in the reeds as well 😂it was a case of just trying to pick off opportunistic fish 💁‍♂️They wouldn’t feed properly

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well Done Gaz, cracking result. :upthumb:
Looks like that lost carp cost you the win but we've all been there and know they don't count if their not in the net.
Still, holding some folding though after a couple of brown envelopes will soften the return to work tomorrow. ;)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Looks like that lost carp cost you the win but we've all been there and know they don't count if their not in the net.
Still holding some folding though after a couple of brown envelopes will soften the return to work tomorrow. ;)
Yeah I’ve had a fair start to the year, since lockdown was lifted -re- the lost fish , I only lost one, the winner lost 10 in his reedbed, so you could say I nearly got away with it 😂😂

Total

Site Supporter
Nice result mate.....Good dangling.... (y);)

.....Loosing 10 fish in a reedbed....His methods/tactics seriously need rethinking.:(

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Nice result mate.....Good dangling.... (y);)

.....Loosing 10 fish in a reedbed....His methods/tactics seriously need rethinking.:(
The fish in there are animals mate, it’s spring fed, and quite clear water, the fish are really fit!! That reedbed peg is a nightmare 😩😩

bluemack

Site Supporter
Still, holding some folding though after a couple of brown envelopes will soften the return to work tomorrow. ;)
Whoah,what about the ten fish the winner lost!!!:)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whoah,what about the ten fish the winner lost!!!:)
It wasn't a criticism in any way of Gaz. You have no influence over other anglers on the day, in cold hard terms it's purely down what you take to the scales at the end of 5 hours.
As I said to Gaz "We've all been there" and in this case Gaz will know that the 1 fish he lost probably cost him the win. On another day as he'll be well aware of, that 1 fish will be landed or the other angler may lose 11 fish, It's all part of the glorious uncertainty of match fishing. ;)

Total

Site Supporter
It wasn't a criticism in any way of Gaz. You have no influence over other anglers on the day, in cold hard terms it's purely down what you take to the scales at the end of 5 hours.
As I said to Gaz "We've all been there" and in this case Gaz will know that the 1 fish he lost probably cost him the win. On another day as he'll be well aware of, that 1 fish will be landed or the other angler may lose 11 fish, It's all part of the glorious uncertainty of match fishing. ;)
^^ (y).....Except, you or I wouldn't have lost/entertained loosing 10 fish.....;)(y)

bluemack

Site Supporter
I know it was,nt a criticism Peter,it was a touch tongue in cheek matey.:)

Total

Site Supporter
i reckon he'd have lost more than 10, ive seen him do it and heard the obscenities :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y) couldn't resist, well done mate.
^^ :giggle: .....You just might wanna check those home made cakes after that post the next time you fish with our Gazza!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
i reckon he'd have lost more than 10, ive seen him do it and heard the obscenities :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y) couldn't resist, well done mate.
Like I tried to say , the guy had no chance in that peg of not losing fish 💁‍♂️😂😂😂😂