Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems my dad has come across a small problem of having a population of small birds nesting in his garage this is his three car garage and my uncless motorbike are no white with a tinge of green i would say there are around 20 birds in there and they seem to like it aswell and wont budge for me on my scooter reving the engine my dad revving the engines on his car and revving the engine of my uncles GSX1400 anyway got any other ideas apart from shooting them as shooting them is mean

help us please [:D]

Benji

Account Locked
If they are nesting, you need to be patient and watch where they leave from, then block these entrances and exits up, once they have left. What kind of birds have invaded?

Enigma

Armchair Carper
If they nest and have young present then you can't touch them as they are protected under the Wildlife Act.

monkey

Mines a pint
leave them till they fledge. then block where they came in so they can't get in next year.

Originally posted by monkey

leave them till they fledge. then block where they came in so they can't get in next year.

thats the problem they come out through the garage doors as my dad never shuts them cause they are at the bottom of the garden erm anyway the landlord is sorting it out now

pieman

Roachbasher, are they nesting, or are they roosting there at night, it seems a bit odd for twenty birds to be nesting together.

well i cant tell whether they are esting or not with the garage being as big as it is there are many places that they can hide and many of these places you cannot get to, so as yet we dont no but some guy coming to take a look this afternoon to tell us so will report back then

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
What kind of birds are they? Sparrows? Martins? Swallows? Robins? Starlings? How about taking a photo so we can have a look?

Last edited:
dont no what birds they are and unforetunately cant take a photo as i dont have a camera, but i can describe they have made 3 nests in are garage so looks like they are stopping for a while, they are quite small and are brown on top and black underneath and seem to like to huddle together when they are sat in there together

Originally posted by darrengeorge

Shut the garage doors???

theres no point they would get opened within 5 minutes of them being shut my dad uses it partly for his business as he runs Eccleston taxis hes in and out of there constantly

mecca

Another smoggy
Originally posted by Roach Basher

yes they do

Then why would you want rid of...Swallows or swifts or housemartins???

I would be over the moon if it was me. they will be gone in a week or two. Whats the harm

And i think you will find (i think) that some are protected.
Obviously if you choose to close all entry to the garage before hty come back next year that is ok.

FFS man your a fisherman and by rights you should relsish the fact thet nature is on your doorstep.

Leave a few windows open and let them nest they obviously find the conditions there are excellent.

You should be proud to have them there not trying to get rid of them, what the fusks wrong with you[:(!]

sorry mecca its not me thats trying to get rid of them its my dad who doesnt like the idea of all the line of bird poo going across the garagefloor and across his cars not me

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
You could always try and get a hawks nest in your garage, no small birds then. This is a photo taken from the office window on thursday.

Datafile11.asp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.