BILLINGHAM TIDDLER CATFISH !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrysboy

THERE ARE CATFISH IN BILLINGHAM BECK AS I USED TO CATCH LOTS OF THE AS A KID, THEY WHERE BEHIND THE GOLF COURSE, WE USED TO PADDLE IN AND PUT A NET ON THE END OF BROKEN PIPES THAT LAY IN THE BECK AND CATCH THEM, THEY WHERE ONY ABOUT6 INCHES LONG THO!!! ANYONE WHO KNOWS THE GOLF COURSE SHOULD LOOK FOR A BLACK PIPE THAT CROSSES THE BECK AS THAT IS WHERE THEY WERE CAUGHT!!! THIS IS 100% GENUINE.

RichyK

Nice one i grew up in Billingham and learnt to fish at the beck and charlies pond and walked the lengh of the beck right up to thorpe thewels searching for decent swims the most fish i caught in there apart from the resident minnows and stickle backs were a couple of small perch , a small chubb some bleak and quite a few stone loach which look quite like small cat fish
Datafile11.asp

although one of my school mates mannage to scoop a 6.5lb brown trout out of there with his landing net back in about 1984 class[:D]

harrysboy

AHA YOU COULD BE RIGHT THERE AS I WAS ONLY A KID AND TOLD THEY WHERE CATFISH! AND THATS SOUNDS MORE LIKELY WHAT YOU SAY, MIND YOU I DO KNOW THERE ARE TROUT IN THERE AS SOME CAME FROM WYNYARD LAKE ALONG WITH ROACH ALSO I KNOW A FEW PEOPLE WHO HAVE CAUGHT SMALL ONES LATELY NEAR THE BRIDGE, BACK TO WYNYARD I WATCHED THEM DRAIN THE LAKE AND DIG IT OUT A BIT DEEPER! AND WHAT FOR SO JOHN HALL COULD SAIL A BOAT! I WATCHED AS THEY DUG IT BEFORE THERE WHERE HOUSES BEING BUILT NEAR THERE, AND THERE WHERE SOME NICE FISH CAME OUT AND SOME REAL CORKER ROACH LOST AS WHEN THEY DRAINED IT A LOAD GOT TRAPPED IN A SUNKEN ROWING BOAT OF ALL THINGS! BEFORE HE DRAINED IT I COULD SEE THE FISH TOPPING ON A WARM SUMMER NIGHT, THIS WAS WHEN I WORKED IN THERE FROM TIME TO TIME, A GOOD LAKE RUINED REALLY.

Terry D

The taxpayers can afford it!
I fished and swam in the beck for most of my childhood (65 - 72), from Billy Bottoms all the way up to Wynyard. Never been back since but would love to have a look again one day. We used to catch plenty of nice roach and the odd minnow!

Status
Not open for further replies.