Bill Allen...so sad :-(

J W

John
Site Supporter
Since I got back into fishing a couple of years back I've really enjoyed watching Bill's Easy Fishing channel. His simple approach and passion for just simply fishing was a joy to watch. So I'll admit right now that I had a tear in my eye when I watched his latest and, very sadly, last video and indeed fishing session.

Catching a river chub with your son would be, for many, the perfect way to bow out.

I would like to thank him for the pleasure and tips he's given me and wish him all the very best in his latest battle.

Stay strong Bill.

RetroBob

Something is wrong with my eyes.

The difference between his last video and this one is striking (and in just three months). I have enjoyed watching Bill's videos for ages and know he's had some health problems and every time I see a new one, I think oh good he's still ok... but not anymore.... this the last one. This is a strong reminder for us all... life is fleeting, hug your family... we must pass on our love of fishing.

Dugmore

In September I decided to take up fishing after about 40 years and needed some idea of how to fish again!!
Having looked on Youtube I found Bill's videos and they have helped me to get back fishing in the simple easy way which is perfect for me.
Just logged on to watch his latest video to hear such sad news.
I for one shed a tear but I'm sure that last day fishing with his son must have given him so much joy.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Wow ! That’s sad. Very moving was that. One of the mods must be pealing onions. This is why I’m a big believer in doing things today and not putting them off while tomorrow whenever I can. You just do not know what life has in store for you do you.

Tristar

Site Supporter
I've watched all his videos, learnt alot from him. The last video I watched is a tear Jerker, watched it with missus, both of us had a lump in our throats. So nice to to share his last session with his son. Reminds me of when I lost my Dad so quickly.

Thanks for the videos and tips Bill. Love from Steve and Emma.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Since I got back into fishing a couple of years back I've really enjoyed watching Bill's Easy Fishing channel. His simple approach and passion for just simply fishing was a joy to watch. So I'll admit right now that I had a tear in my eye when I watched his latest and, very sadly, last video and indeed fishing session.

Catching a river chub with your son would be, for many, the perfect way to bow out.

I would like to thank him for the pleasure and tips he's given me and wish him all the very best in his latest battle.

Stay strong Bill.

R.I.P Bill and thank you 😭

richard83

Site Supporter
Thanks Bill. May you rest in peace. Thoughts with your family and friends. You went out in style with such a lovely final YouTube film. My next chub will have your name placed upon it!