Bike fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thom

Heres a question i figured i would leave to the MD's that have bike experience.

Honda CBR 125 or a Honda NSR 125

Which one is better, and which should i buy?

The CBR is generally more expensive but also not rated as good as the NSR.

So i'm not sure which i should ask mammy to buy.

Come on, which one!

Thom

i was going to buy the rs 125 until i heard how easy the engines were to blow up...

chrishowe425

Originally posted by metalforever

i was going to buy the rs 125 until i heard how easy the engines were to blow up...
never heard that before, my brother owns 6 rs125 track bikes and the engines have never gone.

simo

Standard rs125 are generally ok but like all 2 strokes as soon as you tweak them they will hole pistons and do bearings in,if you are after performance go with a 2 stroke but the cbrs aint that slow (especially when you own its bigger brother the 600)

Hatman

Drawbag ace
I'm on a VFR800 now, but I remember my Honda 125 days (I had a green CB125, nothing like todays CBR), crouched over the tank hoping for just one more mile per hour!!! Are they limited to 12 horses still? That rule came in when many of the 125 4 strokes didn't make that much anyway.

stikflote

Site Supporter
i would go with the CBR125 its a four stroke and a great little bike ,i ride a VFR750 GREAT BIKE, tho thinking of buying a big susuki next

rsbrett

Resident Expert.
Go for the Honda, I have had a couple.

I had two CR 250's (off roaders) one after the other. Two of the best bikes I have ever owned.

The last one was a 1997 model and was my pride and joy until some low life decided that his need for it was greater than mine. It was only six months old and barely used [:(!]

Never had another since.

Thom

all votes for the CBR then sweet! youve chosen my new bike lol

now i just need to go do my cbt and im away! almost...

groundhog

Life Survivor

all votes for the CBR then sweet! youve chosen my new bike lol

now i just need to go do my cbt and im away! almost...
And Get round mammy into buying you the bike+ decent Skid Lid + decent pair of leather gloves + waterproofs+ boots etc etc and full leathers with kevlar inserts when you move onto something bigger an better [:)][:p][:D][:D][:D]
Seriously though metalforever, never ride without your gloves, as if some numpty fetches you off, it's normally your hands that cop it.
Regards G.H.

what you need is a GSX1400 that will do thats what my uncle has and that what he took me too for my CBT on ooo so much fun

Thom

Mammy's agreed to buy me a bike. she said i should be able to get it by the end of july.

Now after doing some research... i've decided two things. No bike is perfect.... and a 2 stroke engine sounds pathetic.

Ok, the NSR 125 has a two stroke engine (bad point) but it also has little mirrors that don't look stupid.

The cbr 125 has big stupid looking mirrors but a 4 stroke...

and then the aprilia rs 125 just has everything but im sure it still ahs a two stroke...

why am i always confused when it comes to expensive decisions [:(]

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
Lets face it, you'll look like a pillock whichever one you sit on so why worry? [:D]

Thom

Originally posted by chrishowe425

so why not get the cbr and change the mirrors ?

can i ask, and i dont mean this in any sarcastic way, but have you actually seen the mirrors on the cbr?! theyre raised well up high and god knows what and even how I'D replace them[:D]

chrishowe425

Originally posted by chrishowe425

so why not get the cbr and change the mirrors ?

can i ask, and i dont mean this in any sarcastic way, but have you actually seen the mirrors on the cbr?! theyre raised well up high and god knows what and even how I'D replace them[:D]

i have seen them and they are bloody ugly[:D]

there the screw in fittings, so im sure alot of different mirrors will fit, just a case of finding some decent ones [;)]

Simple

Sikea
Mental, quick question.....

How are you gonna get your emo hair into a crash helmut ??

emohair.jpg
+
Datafile11.asp
Won't go.

[:D][:p]

Thom

for your information my emo hair is alot shorter/see thru than that =p

and dont type emo hair into google anymore!

i do that when im going to the hair dressers =]

Status
Not open for further replies.