Biggest Whiskers so far.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Just thought I’d share this with you. Went to the Trent at Besthorpe today from 3.30pm until 9pm. It was very slow. According to the bailiff one small 2lb Barbel since Saturday out of the stretch. Anyway, to cut along story short I was lucky enough to get one bite for one fish. A Barbel of 13lb 6oz. Sorry about the picture. The flash on my phone wouldn’t work due to a low battery. Luckily my head torch lit it up a bit. 7374CBA9-57C8-454E-8C86-75611DD020A1.jpeg

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
@tipitinmick ....Had a feeling you'd get a barbel....Well done mate...Top dangling..;):love:
You came with me on my adventure this afternoon did'nt you mate ? What ya make of the big old tidal Trent Mark ? Awesome isnt it ? Enjoyed sharing my trip with you pal albeit a virtual tour. 😣👍

Total

Site Supporter
You came with me on my adventure this afternoon did'nt you mate ? What ya make of the big old tidal Trent Mark ? Awesome isnt it ? Enjoyed sharing my trip with you pal albeit be it a virtual tour. 😣👍

Yes Mick, thoroughly enjoyed the trip and looks/is an awesome drop of water....:).....I'm so glad you decided to fish that swim I recommended to you....Told you it looked 'Bob on' for a fish!:giggle: ;).......And what a belter of a fish....:love:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Yes Mick, thoroughly enjoyed the trip and looks/is an awesome drop of water....:).....I'm so glad you decided to fish that swim I recommended to you....Told you it looked 'Bob on' for a fish!:giggle: ;).......And what a belter of a fish....:love:
A lot of anglers are daunted by the tidal Trent Mark. Its a large expanse of water and it doesnt help when it backs up or runs off at pace. Anglers dont know what to do with it. I've fished the tidals for 45 years. I've fished them in good and bad times. At the moment we are going through a rough patch with regards Barbel but, you could quite easily put a good net of silvers together. Theres loads of roach and dace mid water. Great for the stick. 👍

BTMS

Site Supporter
Just thought I’d share this with you. Went to the Trent at Besthorpe today from 3.30pm until 9pm. It was very slow. According to the bailiff one small 2lb Barbel since Saturday out of the stretch. Anyway, to cut along story short I was lucky enough to get one bite for one fish. A Barbel of 13lb 6oz. Sorry about the picture. The flash on my phone wouldn’t work due to a low battery. Luckily my head torch lit it up a bit. View attachment 39786
Wow well done

PearTree

Calder Exile
Nice one. Slaithwaite & DAC used to have the stretch on the opposite bank at Sutton. I have fond memories of the coach trips down there in my teens.

I've not fished the Trent for many many years but I'm hoping to have a day on it if I get back next month.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Bet that one bite and fight was magic and makes it all worthwhile especially when it's a fish that size. Look at the belly on it!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Bet that one bite and fight was magic and makes it all worthwhile especially when it's a fish that size. Look at the belly on it!
At one point I did think it was a carp. Not my biggest Barbel but, the fight was on par with that of Peter extracting a pound coin off Dave so you can tell how hard it fought. 😂😂👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
oooof!!!

is that a season's best or a PB? well done either way Mick ...
Season pal. We are having a tough year of it really. We are putting a lot of time and effort in for very little return. That’s unless you want to join the circus up at Collingham weir. 🙄😁😁

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Excellent fish.....am back out tomorrow, this rain should put a little colour back in as it has come up a little.

Soon be Autumn, my favourite time for them.
Thank you and good luck matey. Autumn is my favourite time of year also. 👍

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Season pal. We are having a tough year of it really. We are putting a lot of time and effort in for very little return. That’s unless you want to join the circus up at Collingham weir. 🙄😁😁
nice one - would be a PB for me.

AS a confirmed match angler I reckon I could just about manage 5 hours before setting up a float rod for a few bites!!
The only remotely speci hunting I do is a session for double figure bream every couple of years - and that is still with a swingtip, 2.1 hooklength and worm and red maggot! And I only stay for 5 hours ... so more like a "pleasure session on water with lumps" really.