Big rudd

rudd

Site Supporter
Had a call last week with an old mate.
Whilst targeting bjg Perch he been catching decent rudd on prawn chunks!

Silver fan 82

Had a call last week with an old mate.
Whilst targeting bjg Perch he been catching decent rudd on prawn chunks!
Interesting that. I've noticed that the bigger rudd and roach that I've caught have come on bigger baits, lobworm, pellet, even 12mm boilie! Usually while not targeting them specifically and often using tackle that roach affecianados would wince at!
I find that using fine tackle and small baits attracts the smaller fish. Not to say that this approach doesn't work but that's just my experience.

2lbRoach2hand

That is one very funny looking hybrid @ben carvosso ! Never seen one like that. Normally here in Ireland you know a Roach/Bream hybrid straight off and I fish a reservoir that has tons of Roach/Rudd hybrids but I have no idea what that is! Possibly different strains of something - but a cracking fish all the same! Nice one mate!

ben carvosso

I've caught loads of various hybrids over the years and do agree it's a funny looking one, but I'm sure it's a roach bream... funny thing is I've never caught a roach in it. I've been busy with the salmon the past 3 weeks. Might give it ago again over the weekend. See what else turns up. I'm still sure there's good rudd there just hope they haven't been diluted