Big Rudd!

Silver fan 82

If I caught Rudd of this size I would be very happy indeed!

Or one of these would be the fish of a lifetime

peardrop

Very.A friend had one just over the pound from a crystal clear marshland drain many years ago, still the most beautiful fish i've ever seen!

squimp

Site Supporter
Wonderful fish.

i was lucky enough to find a lake with big Rudd in it back in the 80’s. Highlight was my fishing partner catching a brace of 3lb + fish before breakfast on June 16th one year.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Beautiful fish and nice looking venues in both videos. I was happy enough to catch one of about a pound the other week, think that's my PB.

squimp

Site Supporter
A lovely fish, well done.

Big rudd seem to be getting rarer as time goes by. The populations of big fish appear to be very short lived.

There used to be at least three pits holding big rudd down this way. Now I cant think of any local waters worth targeting.

The Cambridgeshire area seems like THE place at the moment.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
They’re not a species I catch many of either. Very rare in the Thames (I’ve only caught 2 from it) and they’re only a very occasional catch on my local Stillwater. Think the only Rudd I’ve caught this year were a reasonable number of small ones during a couple days on the Waveney.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
They’re not a species I catch many of either. Very rare in the Thames (I’ve only caught 2 from it) and they’re only a very occasional catch on my local Stillwater. Think the only Rudd I’ve caught this year were a reasonable number of small ones during a couple days on the Waveney.

Wild Rudd sound exciting. I've only caught them from commercials, but it's still nice that they stock them. Think if I had the choice of stocking a lake I'd choose Rudd, Tench, Crucians, and Bream.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Got to stick some roach and perch in there surely? They’re the staple fish of coarse fishing!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Perch definitely. Think if there's too many small roach they can be a bit dominant though.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
I was lucky to catch a brace over 3 pounds years ago (late 80s) on a Luton AC water. Didn’t even take a photo!

there are some proper big Rudd in fenland too, Simon Nickless found a shoal a few years ago

Silver fan 82

Wonderful fish.

i was lucky enough to find a lake with big Rudd in it back in the 80’s. Highlight was my fishing partner catching a brace of 3lb + fish before breakfast on June 16th one year.
What a session that would have been!

Silver fan 82

Wild Rudd sound exciting. I've only caught them from commercials, but it's still nice that they stock them. Think if I had the choice of stocking a lake I'd choose Rudd, Tench, Crucians, and Bream.
Would you stock Rudd over Roach?