Big roach river Ebro, who knew!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Just watching the first episode of the new series of fishing allstars and they are on the river Ebro pulling out roach on the feeder seemingly pretty frequently averaging over a pound up to nearly 3lb. Knew there was big roach in there but didn't know they were so common. Never had any interest in fishing over there for the carp and cats but seeing roach that big coming out that frequently almost made me want to book a flight!

D

Deleted member 21081

Just watching the first episode of the new series of fishing allstars and they are on the river Ebro pulling out roach on the feeder seemingly pretty frequently averaging over a pound up to nearly 3lb. Knew there was big roach in there but didn't know they were so common. Never had any interest in fishing over there for the carp and cats but seeing roach that big coming out that frequently almost made me want to book a flight!
They really are stunning fish aren’t they?

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Yes, a 3lb roach would make a decent bait for a proper fish, if you were a proper "man's man", and did that proper fishing for cats, innit like?
:devilish::p;)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Very impressive catch of roach for the camera, recall a few good ones on go fishing but think that for numbers and size was as impressive as I've seen on tv since the passion for angling Hampshire Avon catch.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yes, a 3lb roach would make a decent bait for a proper fish, if you were a proper "man's man", and did that proper fishing for cats, innit like?
:devilish::p;)

Actually... a 3lb carp is a better live bait for moggies, they seem to prefer the taste... the roach are good for the huge Ebro zander though ;)

Witches valley

Account Locked
Not seen it yet, I'll be looking at that when I get time. Was they fishing for roach or for bait for the cats?

I think I'd swing for anyone who put a specimen roach on to catch a cat, just the thought

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Not seen it yet, I'll be looking at that when I get time. Was they fishing for roach or for bait for the cats?

I think I'd swing for anyone who put a specimen roach on to catch a cat, just the thought

Roach was the target species. They were after a 2lb'er and a very nice Roach indeed did the business.

Dusty

I think the appeal of a big roach in this country is that they are few and far between and difficult to catch.
Going somewhere where they are plentiful makes a big roach just another fish to me, they aren’t exactly a pretty fish to look at.