big perch in merseyside area

Status
Not open for further replies.

hulseylar

looking to fish for big perch in the merseyside area any info on where,and what tactics to use.

stemlfc

Steve
People have been pulling them out of Birkenhead Park up to about 2lb. The amount of bream and roach in there would make it hard to fish specifically for them.

hulseylar

thanks for the reply steve, i'm looking for bigger perch and will travel but not to far(not got the money at the mo)[:C].

andykel

I am currently looking into fishing the Wigan flashes after not fishing htem since i was a kid. Due to their size and the fact they are hardly fished they hold many secimen fish. As i have been talking to people, it appears they hold specimen Perch up to 4lb along with roach.rudd to 2lb+ along with large carp, tench and bream. HOWEVER, as they are rarely fished and they are very large, don't expect easy fishing but i imagine there are large perch. There are also some very large pike to boot!

Andy

bigdavewsf

mescar has some good perch in it as did abbey lanes in burscough but that was netted an the fish transfered to the leasure lakes, not sure if they manage to get any of the big perch that i know go over 4lb, andy mentioned the flash's pennington flash used to be known for big perch

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
Originally posted by bigdavewsf

.. as did abbey lanes in burscough but that was netted an the fish transfered to the leasure lakes, not sure if they manage to get any of the big perch that i know go over 4lb, ...
Yes Dave,a few are in Leisure Lakes[:)]But I'm still pretty sure there're some let in Kammac.

Poker Face Al

I had a Perch knocking 3lbs a few years ago from the river that flows out of Pennington Flash, few of the locals fishing for the winter roach assured me that thsi wasn't a biggie.

Originally posted by andykel

I am currently looking into fishing the Wigan flashes after not fishing htem since i was a kid. Due to their size and the fact they are hardly fished they hold many secimen fish. As i have been talking to people, it appears they hold specimen Perch up to 4lb along with roach.rudd to 2lb+ along with large carp, tench and bream. HOWEVER, as they are rarely fished and they are very large, don't expect easy fishing but i imagine there are large perch. There are also some very large pike to boot!

Andy

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
My local club Southport D.A.A. Sluice has some good perch in it.My best from there 2lb13oz but believe and heard there're bigger ones.

As bigdave said,Mescar is the place for big ones and is closer to Liverpool

hulseylar

thanks for all the replies lads looks like i'll be at mescar sometime through the week.[:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.