Big cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon d

This morning i travelled to a match in peterborough (ferry meadows,if anybody knows it?),its a country park surrounded by houses.My father was travelling behind in his own motor,to cut a long story short he believes he saw a Big cat of some description as he looked right at a set of traffic lights.Going slow enough to be able to make it out clearly and with his glasses on he is certain of what he saw. Has anybody else had any big cat experiences?(Not big ginger toms either[;)])

pieman

Simon, a mate of mine saw a big cat near selby, west yorkshire, three years ago, and nothing will convince him that it wasn't a black panther.

poolsfodder

dartmore has the same problem.its not an urben myth,or folk tale.in essence it all came about due to the licenses req for dangerous animals act,circi 1978.in order what you had was a number of peaple who kept wild animals as show pets.the law changed,they didnt qualify as suitable keepers,so let them go.you have a thriving population of panthers on the moors.this aint fiction,cause we filmed them in infra red by the tor.we got sent out with a detatchment of RM from stonehouse,plymouth.we were in the royal engineers,and had the kit to set live traps.the moors are of a mojor importance for training of aircrew.to many reports from the latter filterd through.so the game started.to dissproove this,they sent us in.as they say the proof is in the pudding.pf

maximus

There are no end of farmers around here in wales who have sighted big cats. I don't know why people don't believe the tales. As poolsfodder has said a law was brought in to stop people from owning big cats because they weren't qualified to do so. There was a further three years before another law came in stopping those people from turning their pets free. When the movie "calendar Girls" was filmed a black cat was accidently filmed leaping out of a meadow over a stone wall. This was said to have been the most condusive evidence of its time seen on camera. I'm not sure that is true! Since searching the web for pictures of big cats I came accross a sighting in a Telford brick yard, it was caught by the yards CCTV.I can't remember the web site, it may have been "Big Cat sightings" it took me a long time to find it but it's well worth viewing it.

I took the dog for a walk in the radnor forestry earlier on today, I don't know whether it's the same everywhere but a lot of the trees have been cut down over the course of this last year. Maybe this would explain why there are more cats being sighted?

Last edited:

hookit

Account Locked
Originally posted by simon d

This morning i travelled to a match in peterborough (ferry meadows,if anybody knows it?),its a country park surrounded by houses.My father was travelling behind in his own motor,to cut a long story short he believes he saw a Big cat of some description as he looked right at a set of traffic lights.Going slow enough to be able to make it out clearly and with his glasses on he is certain of what he saw. Has anybody else had any big cat experiences?(Not big ginger toms either[;)])

Our Puddle got out again.

panda

Mighty Wrecsam
Originally posted by poolsfodder

dartmore has the same problem.its not an urben myth,or folk tale.in essence it all came about due to the licenses req for dangerous animals act,circi 1978.in order what you had was a number of peaple who kept wild animals as show pets.the law changed,they didnt qualify as suitable keepers,so let them go.you have a thriving population of panthers on the moors.this aint fiction,cause we filmed them in infra red by the tor.we got sent out with a detatchment of RM from stonehouse,plymouth.we were in the royal engineers,and had the kit to set live traps.the moors are of a mojor importance for training of aircrew.to many reports from the latter filterd through.so the game started.to dissproove this,they sent us in.as they say the proof is in the pudding.pf

What exactly did you see or find?
I think most ex squaddies will have tales of seeing something when on exercise especially in the likes of Sennybridge or Dartmoor. Happened to a friend of mine whilst on Stag (sentry duty) in Sennybridge. Convinced he saw something when he sounded the stand too some great big cat leapt out from the tree line about 5 FOOT from his position, we were able to follow the prints in the snow for about 1/4 of a mile before losing them, scary when it was turn for stag I can tell you.

luremad

Barbelus Maximus
early last year there was numerous sightings in derbyshire and east nottinghamshire of a big cat.
i heard they travel around on the old disused railway tracks so they could be anywhere in the uk nowadays.
all i know i dont want to meet one in the dark by my self.[:D]

Ady

Formerly Adymon
My local paper had a story a couple of years back of a big black cat being sighted on the steps of the town hall at about 4:30am by a milkman before darting off, too fast for him to follow or see where he had gone :)

poolsfodder

panda,not play time.sent to find evidence.we did,thats all im going to say on this matter.pf

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Sounds as though no one stands
a cat in hells chance of solving this one.

[;)] [:D] [:D]

Harry.

poolsfodder

harry mate,what was filmed,and caged was not fog.the vet said she was a 3 yr old,and had a litter.i honestly cant say what became of her,cause the vet vanished with her and we never found out any more.[they have a taste for sheep]pf

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam

harry mate,what was filmed,and caged was not fog.the vet said she was a 3 yr old,and had a litter.i honestly cant say what became of her,cause the vet vanished with her and we never found out any more.[they have a taste for sheep]pf

Could probably have a taste for vets
as well PF. [;)] [:D] [:D]

Harry.

panda

Mighty Wrecsam

Can't believe you wouldn't tell me what happend but you told harry[;)]
Thought ex Engineers stuck together.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
I dont know if anybody saw it on the TV going back last year but the police and RSPCA raided a hill farm in Wales.
The farmer was illegaly bringing cats in and so say letting them loose for people to hunt them.
They found a puma and 2 lynx in cages in the barns.
I was in the bedroom listening to radio 4 while doing some painting a couple of months ago and there was a report on the ilegal release of wild animals and amongst the lunatics there is actually an active group who want wolves, moose and bears etc back in Scotland and are working to those ends and their leader or spokesman at the time said they have already released wolves and would continue to do it one way or the other meaning with the law or against it.
We have a dockside in London that has its own breeding population of scorpions and they are protected.
We have flock,s of parakeets flying round the home counties. Filmed and televised by no less than Bill Oddie himself.
There are terrapins everywhere. There is a snapping turtle (or used to be) in Maidenhead aquatics near Cwmbran that was caught in the Monmouth and Brecon canal. It was 18 inches across its shell.
Ive seen a snake go across the road while I was going into Bullocks farm one day that in no way in hell was it a grassie. It was silver and a good 5-6ft long. Like most anglers Ive seen loads of grass snakes and this definitely wasnt a grass snake.
People are keeping pirahna,lizards,snakes,spiders all over the UK and how many of those end up as being released or escapees??
There was a large monkey loose in Vassals park in Bristol a few years ago.
There was a crocodile found in a papermill warm water lodge when I was about 17. Found by the police and photographed in the local newspaper.
There,s wild boar up and down the Wye valley.
I know for a fact that 6 years ago a bloke emptied his fish tank into my club water Woodstock and there were 2 catfish in amongst his goldfish.
Ive never seen a big cat personally but I hope they do exist if only to keep all the sodding stuff down thats here already [;)]

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
I dont know if anybody saw it on the TV going back last year but the police and RSPCA raided a hill farm in Wales.
The farmer was illegaly bringing cats in and so say letting them loose for people to hunt them.
They found a puma and 2 lynx in cages in the barns.
I was in the bedroom listening to radio 4 while doing some painting a couple of months ago and there was a report on the ilegal release of wild animals and amongst the lunatics there is actually an active group who want wolves, moose and bears etc back in Scotland and are working to those ends and their leader or spokesman at the time said they have already released wolves and would continue to do it one way or the other meaning with the law or against it.
We have a dockside in London that has its own breeding population of scorpions and they are protected.
We have flock,s of parakeets flying round the home counties. Filmed and televised by no less than Bill Oddie himself.
There are terrapins everywhere. There is a snapping turtle (or used to be) in Maidenhead aquatics near Cwmbran that was caught in the Monmouth and Brecon canal. It was 18 inches across its shell.
Ive seen a snake go across the road while I was going into Bullocks farm one day that in no way in hell was it a grassie. It was silver and a good 5-6ft long. Like most anglers Ive seen loads of grass snakes and this definitely wasnt a grass snake.
People are keeping pirahna,lizards,snakes,spiders all over the UK and how many of those end up as being released or escapees??
There was a large monkey loose in Vassals park in Bristol a few years ago.
There was a crocodile found in a papermill warm water lodge when I was about 17. Found by the police and photographed in the local newspaper.
There,s wild boar up and down the Wye valley.
I know for a fact that 6 years ago a bloke emptied his fish tank into my club water Woodstock and there were 2 catfish in amongst his goldfish.
Ive never seen a big cat personally but I hope they do exist if only to keep all the sodding stuff down thats here already [;)]

not seen them personally my self but when i lived in mid Wales i lived on a road next to this farm and the nearest housing estates were a few miles away but the farmer swore to me that he saw a black cat and a load of smaller or babies following it and there was no one that could of told him otherwise so you never know they may exist tbh i hope they do and i think they should release wolves back into the woods then we wont have the problem of teenagers and that going into the woods drinking will we

jbfzoo

The Black Panther is a mythological beast. The animal people know as a Black Panther is a melanistic Jaguar or Leopard. If you look at the photo of Ellen you can clearly see in the sunshine her real colours that have been dominated by the black colour. This particular animal weighed about 87 lb when this photo was taken
Datafile6.asp

John[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.