Big Carp

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpbob3

Anyone got any tips how i set about targeting double figure Carp.

I know i need to fish venues that hold them (well it would be a good start) but how should i set my stall out to target them . Should i leger, swim feed , float etc. Any advise would be good

Bob

martin.

Account Locked
check out what the locals are doing on the pools your going to target that is the best way
different waters can require different tactics another thing would be find a water that your going to fish then ask on here there should be someone who can answer

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Different waters need different methods.
Let me know where you intend to go?

Stu
***L.U.F.C.***[img]http://www.aaa-clipart.com/data/anim2/dogs/an14.gif

carpbob3

cheers for that lads and stu when i decide where i will let you know unless you have any suggestions where i am more likely to get the double figures out from

TINY

Tiny
Have you tried the Three Lakes at Selby.Theyre at the end of Abbots Road next to Selby carpets.Barlows Common hold some good Carp as well.
I only know this coz Im from Selby originally.

Andy.

carpbob3

Thanks tiny i have not fished either of those Venues yet but im sure i will get round to them sometime this year

everyready

go to the place and have a slow walk around and watch the fish, talk to people most will tell you rubbish but some will be ok .most places the fish seem to stay in one place more of the time to feed .take a bag of dog biscuits put a few in the side when walking around and watch them .worm/bread are my top bait right in the side for when the fish come around

iobrien2002

Paddy
it all depends where u r fishing. i always find that 3 beads of hair rigged sweetcorn legered is always good but that is at the lake i fish

I.O'Brien

carper2002

'Ronnie'
Hi Bob
First of all you will need 2 licences for carp fishing most carp venues let you fish 3 rods then you need a 42" landing net a good sound un hooking mat apod to hold your 3 rods 3 alarms 3 swingers a good sound bivvy bed chair headlight 3x 21/2 test curve rods and 3 shimarno bait runner reels plus a spod rod or bait boat also a marker rod , i could go on and on but thats just the basic then theres the tackle endless list that is it can cost a small fortune but by god when you put that first 20lb + carp on the mat and take your first photo of it then dab adrop of klinic where the hook hole was and it takes you 10 mins of holding the fish in the water till it recovers then it swims off and if your still shaking your hooked theres nothing like it bud and its all worth it and you cant wait to do it all again as for what baits it depends where and when let us know that and we might be able to help (we meaning M/D,s )

RONNIE (carper2002)

Status
Not open for further replies.