Big Bunnies, Crib and the Creaking Caravan

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I once read that the railway line between Exeter and Barnstaple is the `prettiest line in
England`, whilst everyone will have their opinion as to this {harsh Scottish mountains to
Shropshire rolling hills} I have to say the Devon line is beautiful beyond words.
Rivers that change character every half mile from babbling brook to deep glides under trees
that scream dry fly for trout and then free lining for chub.
Trouble is how do people earn a living in these sparsely populated areas? I am not a material
person but sometimes I feel it would be nice to be rich.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Pompous git

I once read that the railway line between Exeter and Barnstaple is the `prettiest line in
England`, whilst everyone will have their opinion as to this {harsh Scottish mountains to
Shropshire rolling hills} I have to say the Devon line is beautiful beyond words.
Rivers that change character every half mile from babbling brook to deep glides under trees
that scream dry fly for trout and then free lining for chub.
Trouble is how do people earn a living in these sparsely populated areas? I am not a material
person but sometimes I feel it would be nice to be rich.

Believe it or not, on some types of river, such as spate rivers, there is a formula that shows that for every so many hundred yards of river there will be shallow babbling sections then dropping off into deeper glides.

Last edited:

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Grappenall 57

A great read again, many thanks. I do find it a bit weird that you called your Dad by his first name.

You're not the first to say that mate, I don't know why but I never gave a title to any relative other than my grandparents. Mum and Dad were always Vi and Ken, uncles and aunties were just called by their names but my grandparents were always Grandma and Grandad. I was never disrespectful, it was just something that I always did, my father in law reckons it displays some hidden mental condition!! [;)]