Big bait bands for big donkey choker pellets

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
Does such a thing exist? Bought a kilo of some 14mm pellets but they don't come pre-drilled, and from experience drilling pellets makes at least 50% of them crack in half and become worthless anyway.

Ideally need the bands to be black or a very dark brown, these pellets are super dark in colour.

I've ordered some of these Brown Drennan ones in large but hoping there's better out there.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I drill 8mm pellets only losing one in 15 or so. Are you using too big a drill bit? I use 1.8mm. And not trying to force the bit through the pellet helps, let the bit do the work.

Stanley

A great way with large pellets if you can drill them is to use spaghetti pasta. Drill out the pellets with a clean central hole with the correct size drill bit. Tie a hook on with the knotless knot leaving around 1” of tag. I sometimes tie a single knot in the tag end. You then push the tag end through the hole in the pellet. Use a piece of spaghetti pasta to lock the tag end tight inside the pellet. Key is to make sure you use the correct size drill for size of spaghetti. Once in the water the pasta expands and creates a very tight lock on the pellet. I’ve caught at least 4 carp on the same pellet as they just don’t come off the tag end. Just make sure you use a very fine mesh landing net otherwise you will suffer broken hairs !!!

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Hi Richard,

Have you tried putting some masking / electricians tape over the pellet when you drill them ? Bit tedious having to do it for each one, but would help stopping them splitting.

BaldiMug

Enterprise tackle do them

Available in Clear and Brown. For bait sizes:- small 6-8mm, medium 8-12mm and large 12-18mm.