Beyond a Steel Sky

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
One for the gamers - What are you playing at the moment?

It wasn't long ago I bought and completed The Journey Down for PS4

I love old Point and Click style games like this. In the meantime I've just been playing Hustle Kings snooker on PS4. Got a bit bored of only playing that so I searched for Broken Sword to see if the sixth game will be coming out anytime soon. It said no, but that's because Beyond A Steel Sky has just came out.

I loved the first game so thinking about buying this. It's not out for PS4 until November though, and I need to upgrade up Mac OS (something I'm always loathe to do as it always seems to effect my music software) to play it on Mac. Does look good though for a Point and Click Adventure Game geek like myself. :geek:

I :love: Point and click games. Anyone played Beyond a Steel Sky or remember the original Beneath a Steel Sky?

scuttster

Site Supporter
One for the gamers - What are you playing at the moment?

It wasn't long ago I bought and completed The Journey Down for PS4

I love old Point and Click style games like this. In the meantime I've just been playing Hustle Kings snooker on PS4. Got a bit bored of only playing that so I searched for Broken Sword to see if the sixth game will be coming out anytime soon. It said no, but that's because Beyond A Steel Sky has just came out.

I loved the first game so thinking about buying this. It's not out for PS4 until November though, and I need to upgrade up Mac OS (something I'm always loathe to do as it always seems to effect my music software) to play it on Mac. Does look good though for a Point and Click Adventure Game geek like myself. :geek:

I :love: Point and click games. Anyone played Beyond a Steel Sky or remember the original Beneath a Steel Sky?

Have you considered installing the required version of macOS on a separate partition /volume or on an external drive to then keep your existing version playing nicely with your music software?

Also if you have an Apple Arcade subscription you can get Beyond a Steel Sky for iPhone, iPad or Apple TV.

Yes I do remember playing the original version back in the mid 90's. Also enjoyed playing Monkey Island 2 : Le Chucks Revenge. Ah the many hours of swapping 11 floppy disks around on the Amiga version.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
That's a good idea, (y) though I'll probably just wait for the PS4 version as I'll be able to use a controller then.

Loved Monkey Island too. That was one of the first I've played. Been hooked on them since although I still think the best I've played is the Broken Sword series.

scuttster

Site Supporter
That's a good idea, (y) though I'll probably just wait for the PS4 version as I'll be able to use a controller then.

Loved Monkey Island too. That was one of the first I've played. Been hooked on them since although I still think the best I've played is the Broken Sword series.
With the latest macOS versions you should be able to pair a dual shock 4 controller with the Mac and the games listed as supports controller.

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 15.06.14.png

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
With the latest macOS versions you should be able to pair a dual shock 4 controller with the Mac and the games listed as supports controller.

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 15.06.14.png
That's pretty amazing! I can connect my PS4 controller to me iMac! 😁 The power of computers never ceases to amaze me. Whether the games get any better is another matter though.

scuttster

Site Supporter
For unknown reasons unless you frequent the likes of MacRumors and such the like regularly it’s amazing how many features appear in macOS and people never realise they are there. Apple don’t really shout it.

Pretty sure there will be features in iOS 15 and macOS Monterey this year that people won’t know about but will be useful.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Ya know Zerkalo mate. You are having way too much fun. It is time us drowners found you a woman ya know. Young free and single, all the best fishing gear, river Severn on your doorstep. Life of Reilly. I’m not jealous you understand. 🤣🤣🤣

I know what I meant to ask ( hijacking thread 🙄 ). Did you get your car sorted ? Don’t tell me it’s still in limp mode ? 🤣🤣

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My Megane is fine! :LOL: Except for a LED Day Running light that's gone, apparently they're expensive to replace so hopefully it will get through the MOT with one gone. It's done 125k miles now so I expect it will last for another year. I dread the day it goes as I got a very good deal on it.

62tucker

Site Supporter
New fifa out next weekend.
My son got loads of holidays as had to carry 2 weeks forward last year for covid reasons so he’s taking a week off for the fifa launch.
Kids. Got it rough these days.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
New fifa out next weekend.
My son got loads of holidays as had to carry 2 weeks forward last year for covid reasons so he’s taking a week off for the fifa launch.
Kids. Got it rough these days.
I know nothing of gaming pal but, was sat thinking ….. ( daft question ) is there a fishing game ? Yes, I know …. Daft question. 🙄

62tucker

Site Supporter
I know nothing of gaming pal but, was sat thinking ….. ( daft question ) is there a fishing game ? Yes, I know …. Daft question. 🙄
Not sure. As I to. Know nowt about gaming. Maybe 15 years ago we played a odd car racing game but today’s controllers are light aircraft controls.
Take a quick guess how much a Xbox controller is. A good one ?
Without google

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
There's never been a truly realistic fishing game IMO. Reel Fishing on the PS1 was the best I've played though.

Reel Fishing-2.png

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Not sure. As I to. Know nowt about gaming. Maybe 15 years ago we played a odd car racing game but today’s controllers are light aircraft controls.
Take a quick guess how much a Xbox controller is. A good one ?
Without google
Not got a clue mate. I don’t even know the difference in Xbox and PlayStation. I remember years ago we had the Tennis game. Is that still around ? 🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
There's never been a truly realistic fishing game IMO. Reel Fishing on the PS1 was the best I've played though.

Reel Fishing-2.png
Is that a game then Zerkalo ? Looks realistic if it is. By the way, while you were looking through the Guru catalogue…….. you missed a bite. 🤣🤣👍

62tucker

Site Supporter
Not got a clue mate. I don’t even know the difference in Xbox and PlayStation. I remember years ago we had the Tennis game. Is that still around ? 🤣🤣🤷‍♂️
£160. The quality of games on good TVs are amazing nowadays

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Anyone remember Sensible Soccer. Peter Ndlovu was a 'cheat' player on that, was super fast and could score the same goal every time.

I don't play that many games anymore, basically because the ones I have tried I have found to be overrated. Maybe I've just grown out of them but I remember the leap forward that the first Tomb Raider game was, with the next big leap forward being the stealth gameplay of Metal Gear Solid. The games still had good stories back then like Point and Click games too. I played one of the latest MGS and it was an 'open world' type thing and nowhere near as good as the first two games.