Best sub £1000 pole

mimississ

Site Supporter
Eyup lads... My browning zitan z6 has seen better days and am now in the market for a new pole.. I know I will have to go to a pole alley and see for myself but what do you lads think is the best sub £1000 pole out there for balance... I vary rarely fish past 13 metre so a 13 metre would suffice.. The fish that I would be dabbling for are carp upto 6lb with the odd lump chucked in... Any info much appreciated...

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
The new Maver Definition XS is £799.00 @ 14.5m... and really fishable at that length, comes with a good spares package, and money left for laccies, etc...it feels like a pole costing double that !!!

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I have often seen reviews thay say a pole is great til its fished at full length... if you are mainly fishing at 13m then maybe a 14.5 or 16m would be best and just leave the other bits in the loft

IanG1

Site Supporter
I would look at another Browning bearing in mind your existing Z6 will be a good source of spares for a later Xitan pole

dubdog

Always the same with poles. When an angler spends his hard earned on a new pole. It suddenly become's the dog's b ollox . Even poles no one's heard of.

dubdog

Not you mate just pole anglers in general. Not that I heard of your particular pole. But I'm sure it's very good.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Eyup lads... My browning zitan z6 has seen better days and am now in the market for a new pole.. I know I will have to go to a pole alley and see for myself but what do you lads think is the best sub £1000 pole out there for balance... I vary rarely fish past 13 metre so a 13 metre would suffice.. The fish that I would be dabbling for are carp upto 6lb with the odd lump chucked in... Any info much appreciated...
I had a preston 16m m50 it was very good at 13m I can recommend that

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Maver oculus 999...£1050 at Ad

mimississ

Site Supporter
Cheers lads... I will be taking a trip out to BobCo in the new year.. Quite a few to think about... Good idea another browning... Good idea 16 metre... Decisions.. Decisions