Best reel for the Method

Fishfreak62

Hello,
I'm looking to get a new reel to use for the Method, I quite like the idea of a baitrunner type and my budget will probably be in the region of about £65-70.
Can anyone please give me some suggestions.
Many thanks
Stuart

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
With the method you'll only need a baitrunner if fishing under the rod tip.

If casting out you'll want to hit a clip so your feeder doesn't crash in and knock all the bait off. Not a great idea to turn on a bait runner whilst line in a clip. Can unclip after every cast but then you'll need to mess about clipping up again to hit the same mark.

MAP ACS system will automatically unclip when line is taken so no crack offs but you'll need to clip up again every time a fish takes line.

I have the MAP ACS 4000 FS but prefer fixed spool and use a Cadence CS10 all the time now, great reel for the money (y)

Fishfreak62

Thanks to you all for your replies.
Most of the method fishing I have been doing recently has been either short range or in the margins where the takes are generally quite savage.
I've just returned to fishing after a break of almost 20 years, so I'm on a bit of learning curve at the moment, I would also consider a reel that doesn't have a baitrunner facility, any suggestions ?

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
The Korum method runner (KMR) reels are made for the job. They are what I use. I think the KMR designation is made to catch anglers more than fish but they are just a really good little baitrunner for less than £40. Prior to that I used Shimano baitrunners. You can‘t go far wrong with Shimanos.