Best laid plans !!!!!

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Of Man and Dog !

decided yesterday after looking at the forecast, it showed chilly, a bit draughty but DRY , that himself and I would have a few hours on the Military canal at Seabrook, bashing a few bits

sorted the set of daiwa speed whips out and the longer tourney whip, switched a few rigs and bits to a little light fox seatbox, got out 2 pints of dead mixed maggot and 4 slices tesco thick toastie white bread out the freezer

checked with her wenchness that nowt might be in the offing for today, all was cool, even encouraging

up early, done what had to be done, and carried the tools and tackle box down to the van, all is good so far

got himself up, dressed in his finest waxed cotton coat, harness and collar, made a flask and off we went

hes up on his co-pilots seat, Im tucked in with the belt on

turn the key, glow light comes on and off, thought to myself that was quick

turned the key further and Uuurup, Uuurup, Uuurup, batterys flat FFS !

was as good as gold on thurs went I went out for shopping in it, I knew I shoulda driven it a bit further to put a bit more charge in it,

thurs was the first time it had been used in over a month of freezy weather

all the gear and a dog back out, battery unbolted and on charge

Maybe tomorrow though the forecast aint no where near as good !

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Of Man and Dog !

decided yesterday after looking at the forecast, it showed chilly, a bit draughty but DRY , that himself and I would have a few hours on the Military canal at Seabrook, bashing a few bits

sorted the set of daiwa speed whips out and the longer tourney whip, switched a few rigs and bits to a little light fox seatbox, got out 2 pints of dead mixed maggot and 4 slices tesco thick toastie white bread out the freezer

checked with her wenchness that nowt might be in the offing for today, all was cool, even encouraging

up early, done what had to be done, and carried the tools and tackle box down to the van, all is good so far

got himself up, dressed in his finest waxed cotton coat, harness and collar, made a flask and off we went

was as good as gold on thurs went I went out for shopping in it, I knew I shoulda driven it a bit further to put a bit more charge in it,

Sorry to hear that 😞, i hate it when your looking forward to something and all gets messed up for no fault of your own

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that 😞, i hate it when your looking forward to something and all gets messed up for no fault of your own
Ive got a fast charge instant start thing, but my brother borrowed it a while back and aint brought it back !

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Of Man and Dog !

Good job your wenchness has a mobile phone, had a right job explaining to her indoors why I was home early :giggle:

Silver fan 82

Hate it when that happens Mick! I had exactly the same thing happen back in the summer. Bait and gear all packed in the car, went to start it.... And nothing!
Best of luck tomorrow mate!

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Relax today mate, have an early night and wake up in the morning fully charged.😝