best ground bait for carp

anybody got any recommendations for ground bait for carp.
I've heard bait-tec are good but i want to be sure before spending a lot of money on the stuff.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah never used groundbait for carp myself but the sheer amount of mainline baits on the shelves tells it’s own story.

Dusty

Site Supporter
I like the Sonubaits stuff for commercial use. I tend to mix the F1 sweet fish meal with something else like their chunky fish groundbait.

I’ve never used mainline but I’ll have to give it a go 👍

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
anybody got any recommendations for ground bait for carp.
I've heard bait-tec are good but i want to be sure before spending a lot of money on the stuff.
I dont have much luck with ground bait for carp , I have and do try but prefer wetter micros or 4mm pellets squeezed into balls . I do add a bit of groundbait to the feeder sometimes to fill in the spaces . I also like swimstim in a paste ,but loose groundbait I haven't done well with. I will try the mainline ones and see ,thanks Chefster

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Bait tech super method mix with a bit of swim stim black as i like a darker bait and a good helping of 2mm pellets

I dont have much luck with ground bait for carp , I have and do try but prefer wetter micros or 4mm pellets squeezed into balls . I do add a bit of groundbait to the feeder sometimes to fill in the spaces . I also like swimstim in a paste ,but loose groundbait I haven't done well with. I will try the mainline ones and see ,thanks Chefster
im putting some pellets in with the ground bait so that might make a difference
as im using cage feeder some1 said to make a pellet sandwich

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
you can easily just use pellets alone in a cage feeder or pellets mixed with groundbait, no need to make a pellet sandwhcih unless you are using bigger than 4mm pellets

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
you can easily just use pellets alone in a cage feeder or pellets mixed with groundbait, no need to make a pellet sandwhcih unless you are using bigger than 4mm pellets

It was me that suggested the pellet sandwich, simply because not everyone wets the pellets correctly or gets it right every time. I also mentioned chopped boilies as an alternative, again, as a sandwich.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I use a 50-50 mix of margin and method, brilliant margin mix then for carp and F1,s, goes straight to the bottom and stays there , just what you need down the edge, not wafting every where...and perfect on the method, it’s a very strong fishmeal mix

fair enough
I use a 50-50 mix of margin and method, brilliant margin mix then for carp and F1,s, goes straight to the bottom and stays there , just what you need down the edge, not wafting every where...and perfect on the method, it’s a very strong fishmeal mix
i'll try it out for sure thanks mate

Old git on a seatbox

Highly reccomend bait tech envy green mixed two pints to one of ringers dark.works equally well for bream and carp.mixed 50/50 with 2mm F1 sweet pellets.pure bagging mix.