best fishing chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

palms

hi all.thinking about getting myself a fishing chair something like the bank boss one that ive seen for 70 quid.anyone got one?and if so would you recommend it if not which one would you all recommend.thanks

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
I have one of the original Korum Chairs, the only thing I would change it for would be one of the new ones with the higher back. Solid build, hardly any signs of wear or tear after a number of seasons of heavy use in all weathers, I remain a very satisfied customer in regard to that chair :)

Codger

I use a Korum Lightweight Feeder Chair...with feeder arm and brolly attachment..
I love it !!!
If however I am traveling light, I sit on my unhooking mat!
!!!!

wormdangler

I have the orignal TFG bank boss and I think it is the best thing since sliced bread Ihave got to admit it is not the lightest thing but they have just brought out another version which is a bit lighter,look in tackle reviews page 2 10th feb 2010 and see what I have put there.

Last edited:

bloomer

fishing monster
korum they do 3 versions to suit all needs one of them is the chair you want, everything else is a pretender to the crown!!!

yes i have a korum chair, no i wouldn't swap it for anything else, yes you can still fish a pole from a chair if you set it up right!!!

markomark

Originally posted by palms

hi all.thinking about getting myself a fishing chair something like the bank boss one that ive seen for 70 quid.anyone got one?and if so would you recommend it if not which one would you all recommend.thanks

There are a few round the same price. Bank Boss, Robo Chair, Cyprinus Full Monty, Korum Accessory and a Carp Kinetics one(Dragon).

I actually use a Cyprinus one, but I wish I had bought the Korum as it seems to outlast the others and get very loyal users. Had good reports on both the Bank Boss and the Robo, but Korum seems to be the fave. Its the one I will have next time for sure.

One thing to watch for...make sure that whichev er you get comes with the bits you need. Sometimes they come in different packs for different styles of fishing and accesories can vary hugely in price. That said, it is pretty easy to get accessories to fit that are not by the chair maker. Saves lots of money too.

Hope that helps

Mark

Cooky

i have the korum deluxe and sold my preston x6 because i prefer the chair suits my needs alot better also a lot comfier

davebike

Korum chair
Fits all Preston and any other makes that fit a 19mm square leg
I use mine all the time even for the pole with longer legs add a feeder arm and it works for the tip
recline it add a rod pod and your carping OK not a bed chair but comfortable enough for a day session

If I broke or lost mine I just buy another no questions !

Cooky

I would recommend a korum chair to anyone

i have the preston superside tray on one side and a preston feeder arm on the other front leg i rest the rod in the feeder head and the butt on the side of the tray just needs a little tweek up or down on the arm or side tray and i have it sitting a few inches above the water

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
PS, even though I haven't got one, I know someone who has and uses the Korum Accessory chair wheel kit, it makes it into a very sturdy barrow too :)

Eric The Red

Korum all day for me .ive got the light weight chair and nearly bought the delux model but my basket had crept over 200 so i took the chair off and left the korum xl ruckbag on these go great with the seats acts like a rucksack frame .ETR

Panzer_Attack

Bought a Maver Pro seatbox when I started fishing a few months ago. First time I fished with it I was in agony after a few hours. Loads of people recommended the Korum chairs but thought they were over priced for what they were in comparison to other makes. In a moment of weakness I bought a Korum deluxe chair and matching arms (125 altogether). It has been the best investment so far and I really couldn't imagine using anything else to fish with. Luckily the Maver attachments (feeder arm, brolly arm etc) were compatible with it, so saving me buying Korum items.

Dagobert II

I have the cyprinus which is the bank boss with a different logo got it off ebay for 67 delivered.
Came complete with buzz bars as Wormdangler said they are quite heavy but very strong and comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.