Best Fish ever caught

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
Lets see your best fish you have caught. I have 2 in mind for myself, this is a perch caught at Haverholme Park, suprisingly on the Method Feeder with Corn.

perch.jpg Weight - 4lbs 6oz

Also, I caught a nice stonking slab at Burton Pedwardine which fought like a wet sack! completely covered and filled my landing net, a fish of a lifetime.

I have the picture somewhere, I'll put it in this space once I find it.

Last edited:

WhipWaggler

bigcarpplantationng3.jpg

i reckon is was about 7lbs but seeing pics of other peoples they claim to be six/seven it could be more like 10lb. I really should buy some scales.

Caught at plantation lakes a month or so ago on ledgered bread. Bangin fight too.

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
My biggest fresh water fish was a 22 and a half pound pike caught from a Fenland drain, a photo of which can be seen on my profile. I caught a 19 and a half pound Pike from the same spot a couple of years earlier and am convinced it was the same fish? :) Beautiful Sarasa Comet Newies and wow, thats what I call a Perch! :)

Last edited:

mark bradley

my biggest fish was a barbel i got out at collingham end of last season 16lb 5oz
what a fight i had with it >:0)
Datafile10.asp

phil-k

The best fish isn't necessarily the biggest.
This 9lb common carp was in fantastic condition and part of over 75lb of carp I caught in an evening session on 14mm halibut pellets on a barbel rod.[8D] eyepop.gif
philkellywithanicelookingcommoncarp.jpg

midge99

sorry I've got no photo, but a 7 1/2lb salmon from Loch Lommand when I was pike fishing at Balmaha, it picked up my smelt dead bait.
it tasted great.

The best I've seen caught was a 183lb skate a mate caught off the west coast of Scotland. It was his first ever fish of any kind

Minipeace

Well this is poor me at Savay Lake in the 70's it was my first carp and scared the cr*p out of me [:D]

Datafile11.asp

And this is Pa in the late 60's 1969 or 1970 at Savay

Datafile11.asp

MARTIN UNWIN

bagger bill
my favourite fish was an 8oz perch that i caught at watford lodge which won me my first open and a few quid

strat2

mine was a 7lb 9oz barbel in me profile picture it was in the middle of winter and i was catching a few tench so i piled in a pot of caster and wated for 10 min then hooked that barbel on grey hydro lol only took 40min to land :p

nickg

couple of fave pics -

Beautiful carp, probably the nicest shot i have;

dsc00010ib9.jpg

click on hte pic for a closer look, its a beaut.

Yes that is a 2lb+ tench caught on a frozen day - on a spinner - on the rochdale canal.

dsc00086lb8.jpg

yes that IS 17lb of Rochdale Canal Pike!

nickg07-lookindown.jpg

Last edited:

nickg

well, i didnt have scales but another angler did, they were a bit rusty and it [ushed them further than 17lb but i say 17 to be conservative! is my PB though!

nickg07-pike.jpg

nickg07-netsize.jpg

how did you get it in the landing net it dwarfs the landing net easily and that is defineatly bigger than 17lb

nickg

lol we didnt! it wouldnt fit! luckily one of my mates was fishing with me at the time (member on here) and we had to literally get down on the bankside and both of us scoop it out of the water in our arms as i remember it (prolly 2 years ago!) and lift the thing out between us! as uou can see the water level isnt too low on the banks and quite shallow at the edge (its an overspill just branching off the main pound on the canal), and hey presto we had it!

it was already marked on its flank when we pulled it out, but it swam off just fine when we put it back!

edit; pics in my original post now working!

Last edited:

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
ALL the fish on here are superb!!!

I'm jealous about that pike THAT I think is a 25lber not a 17, also that 16lb barbel, and Newie's coloured fish.

nickg

i think it pulled it to somewhere around 18-18.5 but minus the net weight etc i always said id call it a 17/17.5 lb'er. cheers, never caught one in double figures before - or since! (and ive been trying).

ChrisPownell

16lb 8oz mirror carp caught at Llyn Y Gors carp Lake last year.
Bait used: Christmas cracker boilie, capped with nash pineapple pop up (neutral boyency)

14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.