Best feeder arm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canal grey

I'm looking to get a feeder arm to fit onto the octoplus legs on my seatbox.
At the moment I am using a long bankstick attached to an octoplus bracket, but it wobbles the rod up and down whenever I move about on my seat.
Can anyone recommend a good solid feeder arm that I can adjust up and down and side to side that won't wave about like Harry Potters wand whenever I fidget about ?

dstev

Dave
Probably Preston xs feeder arm, solid and comes with inserts to fit all legs. Was out of stock everywhere when I tried to get it a couple of weeks ago.

canal grey

I've just had a quick look at the xs, does it all have to be dismantled from the box leg or does the arm come off on its own ?

Cooky

unscrews as a full unit and yes there out of stock waiting for mine 2 weeks now along with 2 other preston items

12f2004

Hi Chaps
Have you tried the Korum equivelent which have the steadying legs? I know they are one of the same company but it may solve your problem.

I've got the Preston XS, a fair piece of kit and worth the wait in my opinion.

petert

It comes in two pieces. There is a bracket with a hinge on which you put on the leg which you screw the arm to. Then if you want to turn it round you unscrew the long arm then turn the hindged brasket round and rescrew back on the leg and rescrew the arm on again.There is a short arm as well with the same device which does the same.If you can under stand the descripton.

jonesr

A word of warning! I have the Preston rest.I really reckon it! BUT,be careful when putting on or taking off.The screws are liable to fall out!!I was lucky I was on a platform and it saved mine.

I have just reread your post and it looks like you do not use a footrest???If you are fixing to a box leg,you will be lucky to stop any wobble.

Last edited:

petert

No, I use a Platform with a Carp chair for all my fishing even with a pole. I bought some Octoplus pole hook ups and used the small bands and put them on the screws so they can't fall out. Most anglers use boxes so that it is what I meant.

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
Maver Arm is good. It is octagonal with a steadying arm. Fits round legs so you'll need some inserts.

canal grey

I had a look at the octoplus arm, but unlike the Preston one it only attaches to the leg of the box in one place and is probably no better than what I have already.
I tend not to use a footplate either as I find them too fiddly trying to get the right height and angle when in mud. It's good old wellies for me.

canal grey

Just been to have a look at the Maver arm, but without inserts of the correct size, it will not fit the Octoplus legs.
Do Maver do the inserts ?

getfishing

Pete
I have a korum one and it is solid as a rock, you would expect it to be as it rest on the flor on 2 places and attaches to the leg, so its definitely more of a tripod as the name suggests.

jonesr

Getfishing.
How does it fit as regards to setting up on a platform?? You don't seem to have enough room for the legs!

ak3038

Dont get the Fox feeder arm I bought one last week and used it for the first time the weekend and realised its completely useless [:(!]

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
Originally posted by canal grey

Just been to have a look at the Maver arm, but without inserts of the correct size, it will not fit the Octoplus legs.
Do Maver do the inserts ?

I don't know if Maver do inserts but Preston Innovations definitely do. There are usually some on Ebay quite cheap, if you don't have a Preston stockist close to you.

daveyboy

if you have round legs on your seatbox,have a look at the rive feeder arm, solid as a rock

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.