Best fans

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
This is a bit of a hypocritical thread not being much a true fan myself but I do like watching crowd videos.

So question is, which club has the best fans and why?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm going to watch Villa Wolves at a socially distanced gathering tomorrow so will be sandwiched between those lot.

Think I'd go for Wolves fans over Villa.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Who puked on your shirt was always the old insult when I was a kid.

To me they’ve just never had any decent songs which is how I judge fans as a retired fan.

davylad

Site Supporter
The majority of football fans are very fickle, a couple of bad displays or results and they're on the team and managers back.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Sheff Utd fans,who else could have come up with a song called 'The Chip Butty Song' to the tune of John Denvers Annies Song,rather than borrowing Oh when the Saints etc from any one of a dozen other clubs.

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
Seen Liverpool v Portsmouth years ago and Pompey fans kept chanting the whole game :cool:

davylad

Site Supporter
I'd also agree that the North East teams of Newcastle and Sunderland will take some beating.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Riseaboveitability factor: Got to be us surely given the battering Utd get, yet still we contribute...........

In a live setting, think the best gauge is sometimes away game presence in terms of numbers and noise and Palace fans are impressive on that front for me, equally too when thousands of fans from North East clubs travel down to the south coast on a midweek evening game.

davylad

Site Supporter
The thing that spoils it for me NL regarding United, is a lot of the fans have never been to Manchester apart from on a Saturday.

H T B

Site Supporter
I know we haven't got the best supporters.
Having supported my beloved Leicester City since the late 60's, you could say I've seen some lows, but the highs have been worth it.

Trouble with winning the league, you get fans acting above their station.

Thinking we should be turning clubs over because of what we have done.

Now starting to question the manager because we are in a bit of a rut.

Fickle Boneheads, every club has them, but we seem to have more than our fair share.

shang

If we're judging it on the current closed stadiums and cardboard cut out fans it's still Leeds on account of us getting one of Osama Bin Laden into the stands
😅

Northantslad

'Any indications?
The thing that spoils it for me NL regarding United, is a lot of the fans have never been to Manchester apart from on a Saturday.

I grasp the viewpoint of 'never been to a game' being a gripe, 100%
I understand the need to fit the 'fan' criteria in by being inside the culture and the scene and i would have loved to have enhanced my experience of this and the music scene too by being born there, but i wasn't.

But actually going to games and with where i am and my lads commitments on a Sunday for his games, meaning it has to be Saturdays for us, is what it is. I don't pretend to be, nor cannot be that fan, but it is upping the anti somewhat to not credit those with something, that do actually get up there.

Amidst the corporate element and the tourism aspect though Davy, which i do get, i know your point wasn't a personal one, but to give this personal situation, surely it has a bit more credit value than the been once for a day out types, rather than viewed much the same?

Last edited: