Best expanders

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
I know a lot use the Sonu pro ones who makes these coppens or skrettings?
Does anyone use another brand that they like for consistency?

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
The Original Ringers expanders are my favourite, It's one thing I don't think I'll ever make the switch from.

Just about everybody I know uses Sonubaits Pro Expander though. One of the tackle shops in my area refuses to stock anything other than them because of the demand for Sonubait expanders and nothing else.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I've been using the Ready to Use Sonubait ones quite a bit. They come in 4 different flavours but only in 6mm & 8mm sizes. A tub is £2.99 which will last ages. They're quite firm but great for staying on the hook after missed bites etc.
In winter I prefer 4mm's but haven't been able to get any Pro Expanders in that size from my local shops so had to resort to Dynamite ones. Nowhere near as good as Sonubait for consistency though.

tedstriker

Site Supporter
the ringers 4mm and 6mm used to be the only ones id use but the sonubaits ones are really very good and they do seem firmer than the ringers and no pump needed

baggy

Mark Saunders
I’ve tried most but the sonubaits pro expanders are fantastic, they keep their shape, they don’t blow up too much so they split. They also take on colour and flavours well

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I tried the Sonubaits towards the end of last year after seeing a Des Shipp video and think they are brilliant, so simple to prepare and fish easily.

Saw another article with a chap preparing them in a thermos with ice cubes added too as it apparently keeps them firmer longer.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Since I’ve started using these I don’t bother doing expanders anymore 👍.They’re as near to a perfect expander as you can get . C6B327F6-A093-44F6-A9BC-E3FE4ACC7608.jpeg

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
Since I’ve started using these I don’t bother doing expanders anymore 👍.They’re as near to a perfect expander as you can get . C6B327F6-A093-44F6-A9BC-E3FE4ACC7608.jpeg
I’ve never got on pre made expanders, usually far too tough and don’t come off on strike 🤯