Best elastic for 2-5lb carp

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
As per the title all. What do you guys use ?
Think my yellow Preston dura hollo was too much on Saturday

JLK

Lots of good ones out there at the minute.

Open water carp fishing.

My favourite is Ian Everret's purple 2.3mm 12-16 ambercore. Don't be fooled by it's rating.iit's perfect for the size of carp you mention.

I also use the keepnets direct black which is the same diameter but 11-14 rating. This powers up a bit quicker but is just as good.

As a comparison. Preston 13h is 2.3mm (best elastic ever made in my opinion, but too expensive)

For bigger carp...not F1 fishing... on snake lakes or up to reeds or down the edge I use Ian Everet 14-18. 2.6mm

All the above get used at places like bankend...tollerton. . sykehouse match lake in summer if you're familiar with those venues, without issue.

Best thing is. He cuts it to the exact length required. So absolute minimal wastage. And it's cheap.

tedstriker

Site Supporter
depends on if you need to get the fish in as quickly as possibly or if you just want some fun

Gwillim

Middy Shock Core Hi Viz Hollow Red 12 - 16
Soft enough for smaller fish but also strong enough for any bigger bonus fish that might happen along

Carp attack

Middy Shock Core Hi Viz Hollow Red 12 - 16
Soft enough for smaller fish but also strong enough for any bigger bonus fish that might happen along
Used this stuff before but found it didn't last long and flattened out,
Bad batch maybe???

Gwillim

Used this stuff before but found it didn't last long and flattened out,
Bad batch maybe???
Haven't had any issues with mine to be fair, I found Hydro a bit to streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetchy but the Middy has been good for what I do (not doing matches these days but still fish like it's one lol)

Carp attack

Haven't had any issues with mine to be fair, I found Hydro a bit to streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetchy but the Middy has been good for what I do (not doing matches these days but still fish like it's one lol)
Never really got on with hydro, and the price of the stuff!
Elastics nowadays tho, theres that many available, find some what suits your needs an stick with it, ?

templegater

Site Supporter
NG 14-18 micro bore blue. Used it last 2 years great elastic for that size of fish.