Best Days for Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve M

Site Supporter
Hi,
for the last couple of years I have always picked up a current copy of the Abu catalogue.Apart from all the kit, they publish a chart giving the best days for fishing for the year. I think it is based on moon phases/sun/ tides etc.At first I was sceptical, but it appeared that every time I had a good day/match, it coincided with a listed possible good day. For pleasure fishing I started to pick out the listed good days, when possible, to help me.I certainly started out confident.
So far I have been unable to pick up a 2003 Abu catalogue.However in this weeks Anglers Mail, they mention a site that gives similiar info. Using this as a start I have found a couple more sites.Unfortunately they all want paying for the chart for the whole year.But one or two give a sample of a few days or 1 month to get you interested.I am already planning my sessions before the season closes.(Tues/Wed next week look promising)
Has anyone else used these charts with any success - real or imagined.
Try these www.hidden-treasures.net/calendar.html
www.primetimes2.com/page/9-free-primetimes.html
www.moonstrike.co.uk
Cheers

Last edited:
G

Steve any day is a good day to go fishing, beats going to work mate,[;)][;)].

Going to have a browse thru the links mate.

This topic has been raised before,btw,but not with links i think,
No doubt you will have some comments about it tho,

catch me if u can
Andy,

martin.

Account Locked
there are quite a few people who are well known archie bradocks is a big believer our own roving reporter was a great believer in it as well

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

The Witness

Toma is right any day is a good day for fishing.
A lot of the top pike anglers,however,seem to think that moon phases have a tremendous influence on catch rates.The weeks just before and after full moon being best.
Dave Horton who gave a talk to our local PAC branch last year is a great believer.
Cheers,
Richard.

carpbob3

well im off maggot bashing tomorrow 2 of the charts say fair so i will let you know how i get on...... it said Sunday was fair as well but personally i didnt fair to well..... there again i did have JINX in the next peg to mine

if your not fishing your not living

SteVeC

There's probably some truth in this, as the best days for fishing this month appear to be the three days AFTER the end of the season [:)][:)][:)][:)]

Cheers

SteVe

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Not good for long range planning unless you pay but http://www.primetimes2.com/pages/4-astrotables.html will give you the current month and near the end, the next month. Plus several good links to why the author thinks the sun/moon thing works.

http://www.in-fisherman.com/reference/solunar/calendars/ gives you a full quarter (4 months) for free.

And believe it or not, you can get a wristwatch that will show you details for the day from http://www.campbellsprotackle.com/store/product.asp?ID=1508 . A friend I fish with has one and most days, when it predicts a hot time we will see more fish activity during that time.

A google search for solunar fish will give you lots more links.

As to the "does it work" question, if you check the resorts that cater to deep sea anglers and costs big money for booking a week, you'll find the weeks that include predicted excellent days will book first. So sea anglers prepared to pay 3000 for a weeks fishing believe it as do most of the charter boat skippers who take them out.

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.