Best chair for steep banks.

Rust

Hello, hope someone can help, I'd like to buy a chair to go river fishing, a lot of the marks have steep banks , would like recomendations for which chairs have best leg adjustment to get chair level to sit on please. All recomendatins gratefully received plus any other advice. Many thanks in advance

Lcn

I just use a Nash hgun chair on the rivers and if the banks steep just fold the back legs up and just use the front legs . I’ve got a Nash daddy long legs aswell and I’ve had other chairs like both original fox warriors and the original korum chair but they are too heavy to be carrying long distance on rivers .

Rust

I just use a Nash hgun chair on the rivers and if the banks steep just fold the back legs up and just use the front legs . I’ve got a Nash daddy long legs aswell and I’ve had other chairs like both original fox warriors and the original korum chair but they are too heavy to be carrying long distance on rivers .
Thank you , I am trying to lighten the load but light chairs seem to have less adjustment but awsome too to fold up back legs ??

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Take extra banksticks to hold chair in place.
They will if put in at the rear of the chair stop it sliding. Or you can use a length of rope to tie it off or again use a thick screw in one to tie it to.

Rust

Chervil

Site Supporter
Does look like loads of adjustment but have they got the weight correct ?. Surely that can't be 11kg ?? that's a bit to lug about
Just weighed it, without the footplate , as I doubt I'll ever use it. My Korum Accessory chair, with just the legs, comes in at 14lb. The Browning, with the metal side tray weighs 17lb, but without it, a fraction over 14. The side tray fits under the seat, if you didn't take it , it would give space for some bits and pieces. It comes with a carry strap and bag.
IMG_20190826_141857593.jpg IMG_20190826_141941266_HDR.jpg IMG_20190826_142018314_HDR.jpg IMG_20190826_142200740.jpg

trotter2

If your fishing a river which often involves long walks I would forget a heavy chair . It's back breaking lugging one around believe me. A better idea is a barrow platform that transports your gear and makes a suitable seat on any ground even in the river.

Neskin

I use the original korum fold up roving chair jobby but sometimes i even find this too heavy and just sit on the unhooking mat.

They have a new superlight chair but im unsure if this is compatible with the rucksack

PAB

Site Supporter
the Fox duralite are very light but a bit low for me.

Rust

If your fishing a river which often involves long walks I would forget a heavy chair . It's back breaking lugging one around believe me. A better idea is a barrow platform that transports your gear and makes a suitable seat on any ground even in the river.
Like the idea of a barrow platform but..... while I've not done loads of river on different stretches, me and a mate have just started to fish the Wye at Hereford, so far our route down has 2 kissing gates.
Just pondering how you get on with a barrow if you come up against obstacles, do you just lug it over and it's worth it for the easy bits in between or are most of your routes clear ? just asking. I knew this was not gonna be as straight forward as just buying a new chair ???

trotter2

Like the idea of a barrow platform but..... while I've not done loads of river on different stretches, me and a mate have just started to fish the Wye at Hereford, so far our route down has 2 kissing gates.
Just pondering how you get on with a barrow if you come up against obstacles, do you just lug it over and it's worth it for the easy bits in between or are most of your routes clear ? just asking. I knew this was not gonna be as straight forward as just buying a new chair ???
Right that's a problem if your on your own Rust.
Two people can lift it over ok no problems like.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Check out the Korum Aeronium chair.. it has adjustable legs, clips onto their compact rucksacks and is lighter than a light thing on a wafer diet... their unhooking mat clips onto the rucksack too... sounds like an ad for Korum I know... but this stuff is really good gear... its made fishing more accessible for me as I've been able to lighten my gear and keep it small and more importantly useable...

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I use the original korum fold up roving chair jobby but sometimes i even find this too heavy and just sit on the unhooking mat.

They have a new superlight chair but im unsure if this is compatible with the rucksack
It is... I have one??

Rust

Buy a good shooting stick !
??? i was slow as on reading that mate. I have a primos gen 3 shootingbstick sonlike a muppet i was thinking what bloomin use would that be ????? then it dawned on me the type of shooting stick your on about ??. Not quite what I'm after , prefer to be able to lounge a bit waiting for that bite

Rust

Check out the Korum Aeronium chair.. it has adjustable legs, clips onto their compact rucksacks and is lighter than a light thing on a wafer diet... their unhooking mat clips onto the rucksack too... sounds like an ad for Korum I know... but this stuff is really good gear... its made fishing more accessible for me as I've been able to lighten my gear and keep it small and more importantly useable...
Really like the look of that gear and almost bought, but tempted with the x25 as it has even more leg adjust for the type of banks I'm on at the mo. How do you find the super light mate ??? Are you on steep banks much

Rust

Right that's a problem if your on your own Rust.
Two people can lift it over ok no problems like.
Most of time it is me and a mate but would like kit that suits lone voyages just in case she let a me escape more ?

Rust

Just weighed it, without the footplate , as I doubt I'll ever use it. My Korum Accessory chair, with just the legs, comes in at 14lb. The Browning, with the metal side tray weighs 17lb, but without it, a fraction over 14. The side tray fits under the seat, if you didn't take it , it would give space for some bits and pieces. It comes with a carry strap and bag.
IMG_20190826_141857593.jpg IMG_20190826_141941266_HDR.jpg IMG_20190826_142018314_HDR.jpg IMG_20190826_142200740.jpg
Awsome info cheers mate as that works out a lot lighter than they advertise it..... but still a bit on heavy side I think for the type of marks I'm likely to be heading off to