BEST CARP POLE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrC

People have different ideas of whats the best Carp Pole for Commercial fishing. So lets see if there is a clear winnner???

Question: What is the stiffest/lightest best looking 13m + pole you have ever had the pleasure of lifting? Carp poles for commercial bagging only guys!!

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
has to be my cm80 that i just got! i havent had that many poles and i have had a couple of maver carp poles that i have broken! but one everybody still raves about on my old circuit is the tricast XRS Venom! awesome kit!

scoobs11

my daiwa 811 takes some beating at that length .

it may only be rated to 16 laccie but i've had carp to 18lb so far on it ok [;)]

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Must admit i'm a Tri-cast fan
and for bagging the new Tri-cast Innovator comes at 14.5 mtrs. rated to 20s elastic,

teepee.

TINY

Tiny
I like the Browning Black Magic.Awsome piece of kit and very light and powerful.The Colmic Atomic Carp is also a nice tool but slightly heavier.

Andy.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wouldn't mind having a look at the new carp pole from Diawa thats reviewed in this weeks Angling Times.

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

MrC

Hi Peter,
Is that the "Spectrum"? Its got a great review but a bit expensive @ 2k.

TINY

Tiny
Give it 6 months and it will be down by 500.
By the way Pete,Ive played with one of the Spectrums and it really is an animal tamer.

Andy.

Simon R

Site Supporter
If you're not in a rush for a new pole, I'd make the trip to Birmingham for the Go Fishing show at the end of March.

It's the only time I've seen every major manufacturers poles all in one place and available for you to have a play with.

Incidentally did anyone hear the tale from the show a couple of years ago. Daiwa were launching their new flagship pole (can't remember which model it was but it cost about three grand and there was only about four in the country) and within 20 minutes of the show opening some idiot had managed to snap it. Their new flagship 16m pole was now an 8m job!!

Simon

Chopper

The Daiwa Spectrum seems to be one of the best poles on the market up here.

A lot of match anglers are changing over to spectrums. very light, very stiff, very long, very strong and VERY expensive!!

If there is such a thing as an 'allrounder' the spectrum must be the nearest thing to it.

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Actually lads it wasn't the "Spectron"[:)]

No this one is the new Team Diawa Fast Carpin' pole.
Designed as an out & out Haulin pole it is their new 20 elastic rated power pole.It comes as standard at 14.5mtrs with 3 long power top 2's.
With a RRP of 650 and with spare power top 2's priced at 29.99 and spare no4 sections at 46.08,if it's anywhere Diawa's usual quality,then i can see them flogging a shed load of these.
Especially when you consider that a lot of dealers will knock a "ton" off the RRP.[:)]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

brady

at the cheaper end of the scale at 200 is the grim reaper from maver its a very strong pole and i have a lot of confidence in mine :)

matt

Site Supporter
I've just invested in a new stick of carbon for carp bashing and can honestly say that my new pole is the strongest muther around. What is it i hear you say[?]. It is the Trabucco SC1 which i got for the bargain price of just over 900 quid. I am chuffed to bits with this pole. On my second outing i won 50 quid, so it has already started paying for itself. Ok, it isn't the lightest pole at 16m, but at 13m nothing comes close in terms of power to stifness (o er missus)
tight lines

HEY DUDE............

steve wilson

i agree with matt
the trabcco sc1 is brilliant ive got one and have used it at the full 16m for afull 5 hour match gets a bit heavey now and then but it is the dogs do dars

mike s

Saw the "Fast Carpin" pole at the Trade Show. typical 20 rated pole-strong & soft. Got myself an ABU Agenda(16 rated) as they're now discontinued & therefore on the market at a V good price.

Cumbria Angling Centre

mooony

The new Trabucco Gold Medalist Carp 1 is 100gr lighter then the SC Carp 1 and full optionals.

mooony-

mike bram

i have not been pole fishing for very long, and i have just got hold of a new grim reaper pole for 100 only been out once with it (renny lake) yesterday but never had a decent carp on it YET, a bit worried if it can take the strain anyone got one or any advice.

MALC

Mike bram,

Dont worry about the Grim Reaper as it will cope with anything you throw at it.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.