Best Bit Of Kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What is the best bit of kit you have got{WOW I WON A TENNER ON THE LOTTERY THE MRS JUST SAID}Fishing or non fishing?
Mine is my Diawa float reel had it years still going strong
Tight lines

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi toma,

I don't know about best bit but my dearest bits have to be an ABU 501 reel and my trusty Avon scales which I've had both for the past 25years and are all that remain from my original gear that I had as a young 'un.

Dave

mookie

mookie
Well my best bit of kit has to be my late departed brothers ABU 505 reel...had it since 1976...just had it repaired and reconditioned....brilliant reels for trotting stick floats...

Shows our age Dave

Cheers
Mook

Nige

My best bit of kit is my food processor, brill for mixing up all sorts, but my favorite bit of kit is a 10 glass fibre 12' match rod. I just love the feel when trotting a stick float, for me - it beats all the carbon rods.

Nige, Wishin I was Fishin

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bob Church 14ft boron match rod & a Mitchell Match,both a little outdated now (just like their owner)but still great fun to fish with.
Peter. thumbsup.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

paul mc

my best piece of kit is my porky pig.Ive had it for about 5 years now and it handles big rivers like the severn with ease.
My trolley is also a big plus cos it saves me carrying all my stuff and stops my bad back from playing up.

Regards Paul Mc

mrfish

Hi...well my best peice of kit is my flask...you cant beat a hot cuppa to bring on the bites....lol beer-toast1.gif

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mrfish,
You have captured the essence of truly important equipment.

We will have to compare notes as to how a decent flask is made up, either tea or coffee. Oops that reminds me I have to go and get mine ready cos today I am

FISHING

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif Geoff

G

Are you going to start Geoff on the flask?
Oh bugger it i will,i just put hot water in mine 1.8ltrs and make my tea fresh,hate tea already made up in a flask

Nige

The milk always seperates out of the mixture whenever I take tea in a flask, so its nice hot milky coffee for me. Trouble is, 10 mins after a cup, I ALWAYS need to 'P' (sad what middle age does to you).

Nige, Wishin I was Fishin

mookie

mookie
Speaking of the P word...its amazing how many times you get stonking bites when your w...ys out....happened to me 3 times today.......
But when you gotta go you gotta go....

Cheers

MOOK

Larry

Lazarus
Come to think my 2 Are an Angler's Mail Stainless Steel Flask i bought because i'm a clumsy so&so &kept knocking the ordinary ones over/dropping them etc & breaking "THEM" had this about 10yrs i use for everything not just fishing.And my trolley to save my back from the strain of all the tackle i take when i go fishing.

Cheer's Larry

G

Middle age Nige i've got the same problem once you start to erm what was i saying

mrfish

Well, well mookie....i'd hate to think what you were doing with your w****y out, but each to theit own.....i make my flask with too much coffee........i sit there after too long with a strange furry feeling on my teeth and my eyes look like they will fall out, but boy oh boy...what a kick i get from the cuppa blahblah.gif

ray

hiya wave.gif

my best bit of kit is my ash tray, empty baked bean tin with a bulldog clip attached to it. i just clip it on my side tray, not just for fag ends but bits of line, hooks etc, then i just tip it into the bin when i get home, even if you do not smoke it is a very handy piece of kit.

clean banks campaign 2002.....have you joined??

MALC

thinking.gif thinking.gif
Must be just about everything as i always seem to take it all with me when ever i go fishing.

Malc

ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

AlexR

food is very important while fishing, well it is to me! when im fishing a match, my dad feeds me cakes while i concentrate holding me pole (LOL) good servce

;)

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
For me - hard to choose between the echo sounders and the trolling motor.

Without the trolling motor, I'd have to Work to move around.

Without the echo sounder in the rear (where I sit to run the main motor), I'd never know if I had enough water to run in and without the one in front (where I sit to fish), no way to tell how deep the water is and thus what lure to be using.

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.