Best 3 most useful purchases this year....?

Louis D

Bit of an eclectic mix from me:
1. Tesco mesh veg bag (30 p alternative to the Guru pellet strainer which actually works better)
2. Matrix XR36 Pro seatbox
3. Focus ST Estate fishing wagon (280 bhp of fun - loud, stupidly quick and more fuel efficient began my old Mondeo estate)

BaldiMug

1) Wychwood Multitool (Heavy latch needle, Boilie needle, Fine latch needle, Bait drill, Puller tool, Stripper tool; all interchange and replacable) £10
2) Daiwa Green brolly
3) Ridge Monkey Nite-Glo Braid Scissors

Back after years

Site Supporter
1)A used ABU501 (what a reel).
2) garbilino net set from Go outdoors ( Great value).
3)Rigger boots.(Comfy, waterproof and easy to get on and off )

johnfranks

Site Supporter
Maver invincible X pole for the margins, awesome pole had carp up to 16lbs on it.
Tricast Excellance 10ft feeder , have to use one just to appreciate that blank.
Octbox swivel seat. Sooo comfortable for feeder fishing.

SShark

1) Korum roving kit (rucksac, attachable chair, rod sling) which has resolved a tendency I had to carry too much heavy kit
2) Started using Korum camo running rig kits - just a nice bit of kit that does a job well
3) Fox collection Sherpa Hoody - brilliant purchase - very warm and comfortable and ideal for spring/autumn where it can be chilly but you don;t want a massive coat

BarryS

Gone fishing
Site Supporter
Terrible confssion !!!!! I said one of my 3 best purchases this year was the Matrix 4-wheel trolley. Just realised it was not Matrix but MAP.
They both look very similar.........but I am thrilled with my MAP !!!. Had a tightening knob drop off due to vibration first time I used it .Emailed the company and they sent me 3 replacements out for free. I have loctited most of them now....SO there we go .....MAP MAP....MAP

Last edited:

Little bear

1. Rigmate, absolutely brilliant for me as I've got poor close up eyesight and fat fingers.
2. A simple little drainer from ikea for my 2mm, cost all of 99p
3. Like someone else mentioned, a lesson from Andy May on the use of my pole...Worth every penny and I've seen my catch rate shoot up.

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
1) Preston offbox 36 pole roost ( fantastic bit of kit, is sturdy but lightweight and stores neatly)
2) Preston Inception XL pole roller (chalk and cheese to the awful Browning rollers)
3) 3 x FA Feeder reels (2nd hand but still a cut above)

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Met up with @Davethefish and relieved him of an ABU 501 and some superb ‘giant’ floats that will be perfect for the deep inniscarra res.

An Advanta jig rod which is 7ft of beautifulness, so light that a cast is just a flick of the wrist. It is coupled with a new shimano catana loaded with 16lb braid.