Berkley Line

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
This caught my eye last time I was in the tackle shop, not sure why, I think it was variations of Trilene line they sell. Apparently America's Best Selling Monofilament

Interested if people use it and what for? And is it any good? The only line I'm in need of at the moment is 12 or 15lb line for Barbel so not sure if Trilene would suit?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It’s alright tbh but not as good as their braid for me. It’s not all that nice as a mainline but then I don’t like using heavy mono as a mainline would rather use braid. It does however make pretty decent leader material.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’ve not done enough barbel fishing to really answer that but I guess if you did you’d need a long leader to act as a shock absorber and abrasion resister. Would be one hell of a bite and fight though haha

nejohn

Site Supporter
I got a spool of 4lb free when I bought a reel so gave it a go, it wasn't great it seemed to kink and pig tail very easily and was a bit on the stiff side, only used it a couple times then stripped it off and replaced it with maxima

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Think I might go for 12lb Maxima as can't find Pro Gold in stock anywhere and really liked that line before.

squimp

Site Supporter
Some of the Berkeley lines are great and some are terrible.....

ive used XT, XL, Big Game and several other decent ones. Trimax (orange line) is fantastic stuff. I Kid you not.

Vanish and transitions are awful.

their Fluoro is okay.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah their fluoro is decent as well, bit slippy knot wise in low breaking strains but ok as you get to double figures.