Bentley pool 2020

Tedjones09

Anybody know anything about Bentley pool in Tarporley I don’t think an angling club has the fishing rights to it anymore I fished it a couple years back and landed lots of tiny carp on the float and feeder and managed a 9lb bream and 3 decent sized tench over 5lbs but have fished it recently and had no success. The water has risen much higher than it was years ago and ever since then I haven’t had a single bite on anything, the water does hold some very large carp aswell but they seem impossible to catch.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Its no longer listed as one of there waters now, on the club website. Certainly a pleasant water to fish, apart from the uphill climb back to the car park.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I made enquiries , got conflicting answers,
Someone who lives in Tarporley said no one has it, someone who doesn't live in Tarporley reckons it's still on Bay Maltons card. I thought BM gave it up ,then Dunham got it about 5 years ago, then gave it up along with quite a few other waters.
It used to be a trout pool when Lymm AC had it some years ago.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
BM not had it for years, they constantly take on waters then give them up within just a couple of years.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
According to BM website it's still on their card. I would think it needs updating

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Unless they have re aquired it.
I know guys who are BM members and can ask one of them, or simply phone Stuart at Border Fisheries to find out for certain.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Just looked at the BM website and Bentley Pool is not mentioned in there waters page, l know this is the updated list as BM gave up Dovehouse pool this year and that has been removed from the list.

Tedjones09

It looks like no one has been down there for a long time the pegs are inaccessible because of how Overgrown the lake is and there’s lots of fallen trees and stuff like that

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I have been on website earlier, looked at waters list from accessing it a couple of different ways, in case it was on a couple of threads,
True, Bentley Pool no longer on it, along with other waters I thought they still had, couldnt even see any stretches of the river dane on there.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Regarding Bentley Pool, it is not on any angling clubs card.
I think the owner was getting fed up of people driving down the side of his property.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
It was never the most busiest of places, the one time l spoke to him he was very amicable. Would do with a small syndicate or local club taking it on, l would sign up.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
It was never the most busiest of places, the one time l spoke to him he was very amicable. Would do with a small syndicate or local club taking it on, l would sign up.
I think words and whispers are being put to him regarding renting it out again. I would be surprised if any trout are left in it from when Lymm AC had it. May be worth while asking him if he would do limited day tickets, and offer to clear a couple of swims out or clean pegs up for access.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
I think words and whispers are being put to him regarding renting it out again. I would be surprised if any trout are left in it from when Lymm AC had it. May be worth while asking him if he would do limited day tickets, and offer to clear a couple of swims out or clean pegs up for access.

I think the trout would have died off years ago, if there were any left in, when Lymm gave it up.
If l get the time next week l will try and have a drive over there, thats if l can find it again lol, does anybody have a postcode?
I am more than willing to approach the owner and see what the prospects are for fishing the pool again, and maybe try and find out what the stock levels are like these days.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Cheers mate, l will try and pay a visit towards the end of next week and see what l can find out, and the possibility of getting to fish there again.