Belturbet 28/7/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Irish Angler

WHAT CAN I SAY,RAIN ,RAIN, AND MORE RAIN.WE FISHED FOR TWO DAYS SEARCHING IN VAIN FOR TENCH, BUT WE ENDED UP WITH ONLY SMALL PERCH AND ROACH FOR OUR TROUBLE. AFTER SEEKING LOCAL KNOWLEDGE WE FISHED GREENVILLE LAKE,TRIED TO FISH LOUGH OUGHTER BUT THERE WAS A PRACTISE FOR A MATCH IN PROGRESS AND MOST OF THE BEST SWIMS ON ROUND THE LAKE WERE TAKEN BY LOCALS.WENT AND CHECKED TULLYGUIDE AND MADE FRIENDS WITH THE MAD HORSE (HE LOVES POLO MINTS),BUT WE ENDED UP GOING ON UP TO BAIRDS SHORE AT BALLYBAY WHERE WE CAUGHT GUESS WHAT......PERCH, BUT BIGGER ONES THIS TIME ALONG WITH A FEW SKIMMERS.BY THIS TIME WE WERE SOAKED TO THE GONADS AND HAD HAD ENOUGH.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Hi Mad

I'm off to Cootehill on Thursday, have you heard anything about Drumlona or Killyvaghan?

Baird's Shore is still full of perch is it? We fished there last year and it was black with the little gits - I had just over 16lbs and that was one 'proper' bream and about a dozen skimmers. Funnily enough the year before I had over 50lbs from the same peg and never caught a single perch.

Was anyone fishing Bream Island round the corner?
The pegs next to the car-park are probably my favourite pegs in the area. I had 80lbs of big skimmers from there last year and its the only place I've ever caught 100lbs from in Ireland.

If you're in Cootehill at all next week you'll find us in Bannons or the West End Bar most nights.

Any local information would be much appreciated!

Tight Lines

Simon

Mad Irish Angler

quote:
Hi Mad

I'm off to Cootehill on Thursday, have you heard anything about Drumlona or Killyvaghan?

Baird's Shore is still full of perch is it? We fished there last year and it was black with the little gits - I had just over 16lbs and that was one 'proper' bream and about a dozen skimmers. Funnily enough the year before I had over 50lbs from the same peg and never caught a single perch.

The pegs next to the car-park are probably my favourite pegs in the area. I had 80lbs of big skimmers from there last year and its the only place I've ever caught 100lbs from in Ireland.

If you're in Cootehill at all next week you'll find us in Bannons or the West End Bar most nights.

Tight Lines

Simon

Mad Irish Angler

[Hi Simon,regarding Drumlona i can tell you last month two guys fished the lake and had 120lb and 150lbs including some bream to 5lbs. Have not heard anything about Killyvaghan yet.Annaghmakerrig lake is producing 30lb mixed bags.CorraneryLake 40lb mixed bag.Pike fishing is not too bad.If Bream are your target try Muckno Lake in Castleblaney,fish off about the middle of Black Island,its a bit of a hike but there is a good path round and the trip should be worth it. Hope i have been of some help to you. Tight lines. And remember to take plenty of wet gear with you!quote]
quote:
Hi Mad

Tight Lines

Simon

[/quote]

Simon R

Site Supporter
Thanks for that Mad

I take it they were fishing the usual spot on Drumlona? (ie either side of these rocks at the bottom of the path from the car-park)

We found an access to the other side of the lake last year (near Rockcorry) but you do need a 4WD vehicle to get there.

Tight Lines

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.