Beginners Guide To Pole Fishing

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
I have written a guide from scratch and published it as part of my blog pages. Seven sections with the one on elastication split into two.

They are

Glossary hopefully all the terms used in pole fishing explained.

Simply Fishing, Fishing Simply: Beginner's Guide To Pole Fishing Part 1- Glossary

History and Buying a Pole a little background to pole fishing and my suggestions on buying your first pole

Simply Fishing, Fishing Simply: Beginner's Guide To Pole Fishing, Part 2 - History and Buying a Pole

Elastication part 1 choosing elastics, cutting topkits and fitting a pole cup to a cupping kit

Simply Fishing, Fishing Simply: Beginners Guide To Pole Fishing, Part 3a, Elasticating Your Pole (1 of 2)

Elastication part 2 fitting bush, bung, elastic and attaching a connector or dacron

Simply Fishing, Fishing Simply: Beginner's Guide To Pole Fishing, Part 3b - Elasticating Your Pole (2 of 2)

Floats and shot I explain shot, Stotz & styls, markings on pole floats and the floats themselves

Simply Fishing, Fishing Simply: Beginners Guide To Pole Fishing – Part 4, Floats & Shot

Rigs and Hooklengths home made or ready made, making up rigs and hooks/hooklengths for pole fishing

Simply Fishing, Fishing Simply: Beginners Guide To Pole Fishing – Part 5 - Rigs and Hooklengths

Shotting the rig shotting patterns and how much shot to use and backshotting

Simply Fishing, Fishing Simply: Beginners Guide To Pole Fishing – Part 6 – Shotting The Rig

Fishing assembling the pole, handling it, setting pole rollers up, getting the rig in the water, feeding

Simply Fishing, Fishing Simply: Beginners Guide To Pole Fishing – Part 7 – Lets Get Fishing

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
My pleasure. I enjoyed writing it. Challenging but worthwhile if it helps.

United States?

Domax

Grey Knight
Thanks for your hard work, I may be a bit long in the tooth but I'm quite new to pole fishing.