Beggers belief?

Rick123

Site Supporter
So I brought an item off E-Bay from a decent seller. He sent the item fully tracked to my door, the tracking by Royal Mail saying delivered. However the item never came and E-Bay cannot reimburse me because tracking says delivered.

You cannot contact Royal Mail due to the C/Virus so I'm buggered. E-Bay will not give me a refund, and its not the sellers fault. Out of pocket, nothing I can do. Rant over guys. Richard.

genesis

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Did you use pay-pal for your purchase? If you did then just open a case. The problem with recorded deliveries now is no one is signing for them due to covid and the postman just puts your name in. Have you looked in your bins outside etc to see if it has been left somewhere.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Possibly delivered to the wrong address? It's happened to me before. Delivered to a 'street' rather than a 'drive' or 'road'?

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I have had a look at the RM website and cannot find any mention that they are not dealing with queries or complaints. Sorting office counters are open for collections and queries.

D

Deleted member 24128

How frustrating. I wouldn't be letting Royal Mail get away with that one. I would be heading down to the depot and getting the seller to get onto them too.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
When I had this issue in the past I had to get two forms from the RM, send one to the seller, both had to filled in and sent to the RM and then they investigated it.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Neil. Firstly Royal mail is not opening at 7am its now 8am. Closed on Wednesday and saying they are on restricted services? Even the seller is having problems contacting them. He is ok as E-Bay say he had done his bit as it was tracked. It would not have been stolen as our dog lets us know if anyone is about. at any time?