Beer on tap (at home)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Anyone got a beer dispenser? I mentioned a couple of weeks back my dad bought a load of these kegs from a car boot. Without the dispenser/tap machine, they are very difficult and slow to pour. He got them cheap as the bloke sells out of date ones, would never pay full price for them as they're about £10 a keg, but they taste fine slightly out of date.

Well, this morning, my dad has only just gone and done it, found the tap machine at a car boot. So now got beer on tap at home. 😁 (y)

2021-08-15 12.52.25.jpg

Anyone else got similar?

biggsy

You can get them for around £100 now with 4 torps, they contain 2 litres (4 pints) and last about 2 weeks once in the machine.
Each torp comes with a new tube and are recyclable, best to store them in the fridge if you have room and turn machine on about 1 hour
before you insert the torp otherwise you could be waiting 4 hours for a cold pint. 🍻👍

squimp

Site Supporter
Just buy a Firkin of real ale from your local brewery.

Usually Mcmullens or Ruddles in my younger days.

davylad

Site Supporter
I've got one that you fit to a 5L mini keg, it has a co2 cartridge in it. I've only used it once, but the beer is far better than not using one.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’ve had the occasional mini keg of golden hen or hob goblin gold. Whether it really tastes closer to a pulled pint than the bottled or canned versions I’m not sure probably just psychological.

SeanB

Site Supporter
Hobgoblin is a nice beer, got cravings for a pint now lol

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm in paradise with this machine. Already drank half of them but that 8.5% is staring at me.

2021-08-24 20.35.07.jpg