Been a while

Phillip MGBGT

Site Supporter
It's been well over a year, in fact a few weeks before the first lock down, since I got the carp rods out, even though I've been out with the float rod and the feeder which I'm quite new to, a few times.
I went out with the carp tackle onto a fairly small lake only around 2-3 acres in size and not a hard water by any means, that is on my club book.
On arrival I loaded up the barrow, which some of you will recall I converted to a motorised one and boy didn't that make it easier for me. I trundled off down the slight hill with all my gear and decided on the peg that I wanted to fish. I got my self installed in the peg then got the rods out and started to set them up.
I put the first rod out to my right in the margins the bait being around 6ft from the weeds, put some loose feed pellets in, back lead on, swinger on and switch on the alarm and turned the volume right down to a whisper. I hate alarms on loud.
I came back off the landing stage and set up rod number 2, and cast this a similar distance to my left, and put in a hand full of pellets.
Right I thought a cup of coffee before setting up rod number 3, which I was going to cast out to the middle of the lake. Cup and flask in hand just pouring and away went the right hand rod, I'd only been fishing about 10 mins. A lovely little mirror somewhere in the region of 4lbs, only a small fish by many others standards, but after all the time away from the carp rods I was well pleased.
I put some clinic on the hook hole and on an abrasition on its side and returned it to the water.
I I rebaited it and recast to the same area, adding a hand full of pellets to the area and resetting backleads swinger and alarm.
Sit down now to that coffee thats going to be cold now, just sat down and away went my left hand rod, a common about the same size. Well happy now, 2 fish and only been here less than an hour.
Finish setting up rod number 3, putting on a stringer with 4, 10m/m boilies on cast out, back leads on, swinger on, alarm on. tidy round the peg putting landing net, unhooking mat back into place and the plastic box with the clinic, forceps etc at the side of the mat at the ready.
I sat down ready for a long wait for the next fish, if I get another one. After about an hour a run from the middle rod and a nice little mirror of some 6 lbs.
My flask was empty to soon so time to go home.
I had 6 fish in total throughout the day, nothing big but they all gave a good account of themselves, put a bend in my rod and made me a very happy and pleased angler.
The pellets are some that I still have from when I was field testing for a bait company a while ago.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
It's been well over a year, in fact a few weeks before the first lock down, since I got the carp rods out, even though I've been out with the float rod and the feeder which I'm quite new to, a few times.
I went out with the carp tackle onto a fairly small lake only around 2-3 acres in size and not a hard water by any means, that is on my club book.
On arrival I loaded up the barrow, which some of you will recall I converted to a motorised one and boy didn't that make it easier for me. I trundled off down the slight hill with all my gear and decided on the peg that I wanted to fish. I got my self installed in the peg then got the rods out and started to set them up.
I put the first rod out to my right in the margins the bait being around 6ft from the weeds, put some loose feed pellets in, back lead on, swinger on and switch on the alarm and turned the volume right down to a whisper. I hate alarms on loud.
I came back off the landing stage and set up rod number 2, and cast this a similar distance to my left, and put in a hand full of pellets.
Right I thought a cup of coffee before setting up rod number 3, which I was going to cast out to the middle of the lake. Cup and flask in hand just pouring and away went the right hand rod, I'd only been fishing about 10 mins. A lovely little mirror somewhere in the region of 4lbs, only a small fish by many others standards, but after all the time away from the carp rods I was well pleased.
I put some clinic on the hook hole and on an abrasition on its side and returned it to the water.
I I rebaited it and recast to the same area, adding a hand full of pellets to the area and resetting backleads swinger and alarm.
Sit down now to that coffee thats going to be cold now, just sat down and away went my left hand rod, a common about the same size. Well happy now, 2 fish and only been here less than an hour.
Finish setting up rod number 3, putting on a stringer with 4, 10m/m boilies on cast out, back leads on, swinger on, alarm on. tidy round the peg putting landing net, unhooking mat back into place and the plastic box with the clinic, forceps etc at the side of the mat at the ready.
I sat down ready for a long wait for the next fish, if I get another one. After about an hour a run from the middle rod and a nice little mirror of some 6 lbs.
My flask was empty to soon so time to go home.
I had 6 fish in total throughout the day, nothing big but they all gave a good account of themselves, put a bend in my rod and made me a very happy and pleased angler.
The pellets are some that I still have from when I was field testing for a bait company a while ago.
Note to self …… get either a bigger flask or ….. two flasks. Problem solved. Well done pal. 👍

Phillip MGBGT

Site Supporter
Thanks Mick, swmbo would give me an ear bashing for taking 2. The one that I take holds about half a gallon. I more than likely would have to stop on the way home for a call of nature. LOL 😆🤣